• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

atg9418

Recruit
Aug 21, 2022
One line summary of your issue
PC constantly freezing when playing AoW:p

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What expansions do you have installed?
Revelations, Invasions, Star King

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Almost every play session, my PC will freeze up and I'm forced to restart it. I've tried verifying files, reinstalling, playing without mods, testing my memory, but nothing seems to fix it. I've attached some debug logs here, would appreciate any assistance getting this game to work.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
I'm unable to discern any kind of pattern for when these freezes happen. It'll happen both during combat and while on the strategic map, and after restarting my PC, I'm able to reload the save without any issues.

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)
File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Game0819_1912.txt
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Game0821_1417.txt
    258,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Game0821_1501.txt
    106,8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

DxDiag attached. For temps while idle, my CPU and GPU were reporting 42*C and 34*C, respectively. This increased to 51*C and 52*C while playing AoW:p.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    94,6 KB · Views: 0
You have a memory hardware problem:
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM
Whether that is causing this issue I am not sure but that obviously needs to be fixed!

And you may as well update that nVidia driver to August:

Those temps are okay, problems start up around 80c.

I looked around and eventually just tried taking out my RAM sticks and putting them back in. This seems to have solved that issue, and hopefully any issues I had with this game. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    94,5 KB · Views: 0