AoW: Planetfall - Campaign: Joining defensive pact with Claudius (after he declines call to war) on Khansu's Pyre triggers war, "Allied with Logan" ev

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

logical2u

Recruit
Oct 31, 2021
One line summary of your issue
Campaign: Joining defensive pact with Claudius (after he declines call to war) on Khansu's Pyre triggers war, "Allied with Logan" events

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What expansions do you have installed?
Revelations, Invasions, Star King

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
During the 2nd Assembly Campaign (base game) map, Khansu's Pyre, war was declared on me by one of the Syndicate commanders. Given my Kir'Ko ally Tik (also Claudius' ally) was already at war with the same commander, I decided to invite Claudius to war. (Claudius and Tik being two of the 'default' allies you obtain at mission start).

Claudius declined the invitation, which forcibly reset our diplomatic state to "non-aggression pact".

A few turns later I remembered this and decided to increase our diplomatic state again, to "defensive pact".

This worked, and I obtained the "successful diplomacy" sound effect, but the dialogue indicated I war at war with Claudius. This also triggered the "Betrayed Claudius and Tik" event, which has them declare war on you. Of course, the diplomatic screens show that I am in a defensive pact and an alliance, respectively, with them, and this declaration of war was sudden and unexpected.

I am in the midst of verifying files right now, but this seems more like a scripting error than a files problem. Specifically that "any change in diplomatic state you initiate is interpreted as you allying with Logan"

I also attempted to declare war on Logan before this, but it had no effect on the situation.

My current solution has been to reload a save before Claudius lowered our relationship.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
- Load the provided save [Presumably, enter a lower diplomatic state with Claudius Proton through his actions, not yours - e.g., his declining a call to war].
- Wait one turn for Ellen Shaw to recover.
- Enter diplomatic negotiations with Claudius Proton.
- Propose to enter a Defensive Pact with Proton.
- Watch as Claudius instead declares war on you.

(Presumably, this can be more generally reproduced as:
- Get one of Tik or Claudius to lower their relationship.
- Wait for the ability to upgrade your relationship.
- Upgrade the relationship.
- Trigger the "You purposefully lower the relationship" failure script & declaration of war)

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)
File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    129,2 KB · Views: 0
  • AUTO SAVE - Ellen Shaw, Turn 92.ACG
    805 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211031124022_1.jpg
    20211031124022_1.jpg
    351,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211031124032_1.jpg