Anyone know what happened to the Hearts of Iron board game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it was to be reworked from the ground up a year and we still haven't heard anything, I don't know if there's much hope.

I'm diappointed in the board games in general, actually. They didn't receive much advertisement from PDX, and with the exception of Crusader Kings, they seem to have just faded into obscurity. I expected PDX to support them a lot more, but then again, AFAIK it was just them licensing the right to make board games to other companies, instead of PDX publishing anything themselves. Hence no advertising help from Paradox.

It's a pity, really, I was really looking forward to the HoI board game, like an Axis&Allies-ish game, but more advanced and with a HoI-esque approach. I even imagined various ways they could implement various HoI features such as division design.

Reactions:
Actually the last reply from the publisher was yesterday.
Since you didn't provide a link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2450201/article/37738312#37738312

Hearts of Iron: The Board Game is still in currently development. We have been working with the games' new co-designers and Paradox to make the game both an engaging play experience and as true to the experience of playing Hearts of Iron as possible. Paradox has been helpful in steering that process, but we are also creating an innovative game experience for the board game. Once we are to a point where everyone involved, Paradox, the designers and Eagle-Gryphon Games, is happy with the gameplay, we will make a further announcement about the game. Until then, we ask you to continue to standby.
Interesting. Looking forward to updates.

• 2Like
Reactions: