• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 5, 2012
I'm considering purchasing a copy of this game, but, from what I can see no mods have been released since the game was opened to modding.

However, I saw in a different thread that you must be logged in AND have a registered copy of the game to 'access' the mods.

Are there any threads in the modding sub-forum OR is it currently empty?

Because as a prospective purchaser of the game it appears as if there aren't any mods at all. Which is a bit of a concern, although I must admit the ability to mod the game was just recently acquired. Still, I expected to see a 'modding toolkit' or something of the like.

I hate to create a new thread just for this, but, I couldn't find anything while looking through the forum and I imagine most of you already own a copy of the game.

Thanks a lot!

I don't see any large scale mods yet but there is a few smaller ones. I am currently using the impossible mod and hope to see further improvements too it. For the money I spent on this game I can say it has easily been the most dollar per hour value I have gotten in a video game for a long time. I currently play multiplayer with my son and I have 694 hours played.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The modding subforum does have a bunch of threads.. basic modding tools are there as are a couple of small mods. Its like 2-3 people who know what they are doing and a few moochers like me. The tools let you tweak the game like editing the mages abilities, spells, artifacts, units, map generation ect. I'm just taking existing mods and tweaking the tweaks. My understanding is the code isnt flexible for much beyond tweaks to values; so dont expect full conversions. While I'm sure AI purest cringe, many of the tweaks to AI start conditions and unit costs have certainly made the game more challenging.

Last edited:
The mod forum is a bit broken. Here's how to fix it so you can actually see the list.

1) Scroll to the bottom of the page.
2) Click "Thread display options"
3) Click "Set options."

The list of mods should show up now. I noticed there were 40 items or so in the forum, but only 1 actually showed up, and fiddling with settings got me this workaround.

Of course, you have to register your copy of the game on this website first, but you already have an account, so the hard part of that is done. Just go to the top of the page and click "Register game" then put in the serial code.