• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Borsook

Master fish dancer
87 Badges
Nov 4, 2005
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Galactic Assault
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Dungeonland
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
I know a big patch is in the works, but could we get a quick hotfix for the errors displayed by the game's launcher?

The launcher is already done. Just waiting on the team to test it all. It supports all 8 languages, has debugging, custom resolutions, supports up to 6 monitors/displays connected at the same time, supports Windows 8.1 - 11 High DPI settings, and able to launch mods without any 3rd party applications (e.g. JSGME, etc.). No one needs to ever manually edit the settings.cfg file ever again. Unless...If the launcher is ran without the newer AoD 1.13 release, then the Load Mod feature will not work because I had to updated code in the game also.

launcher.png

launcherD.png

launcherR.png

• 3Love
Reactions:
Looks great, however for now (as I assume it will be a long time before we see 1.13) is there some fix for the errors displayed by the current launcher?

Looks great, however for now (as I assume it will be a long time before we see 1.13) is there some fix for the errors displayed by the current launcher?
Are you wanting the Mod support functionality?
If not then check back here in later today or tomorrow. I'll make a package that you and other can download. It won't have Mod support but everything else will work.

Are you wanting the Mod support functionality?
If not then check back here in later today or tomorrow. I'll make a package that you and other can download. It won't have Mod support but everything else will work.
Thanks, mod support is nice, but even without it will be more than enough :)

This launcher has AoD multi-version support. Tested on 1.08 - 1.13 versions. It supports mods for all versions, just read the README.txt file how mods are to be installed. Installing mods for versions earlier than AoD 1.13 is different from AoD 1.13 (and greater releases).

It's up on the AoD Discord channel here.

This launcher has AoD multi-version support. Tested on 1.08 - 1.13 versions. It supports mods for all versions, just read the README.txt file how mods are to be installed. Installing mods for versions earlier than AoD 1.13 is different from AoD 1.13 (and greater releases).

It's up on the AoD Discord channel here.
That link doesn't seem to work for me, I get "no text channels" message. Is discord obligatory these days? I don't use it generally.

Ok, the link worked after joining the channel. But discord did not prompt me to do so in any way, it's surprising they don't have this obvious feature.

Last edited:
Ok, the link worked after joining the channel. But discord did not prompt me to do so in any way, it's surprising they don't have this obvious feature.
Yea, I hate that I had to put it there but Paradox doesn't allow posting a file to their forum. I really need to find an Official place to host the file so that people downloading it will know it's safe. Since it is a Paradox game and this comes from the AoD release team. I'll need to find out but for now Discord will have to do.

Also the Discord channel is very popular with the AoD community and if you have questions or anything concerning AoD, it's the best place to go for a quick answer.

looks so cool....THANK YOU for your hard work...
You're welcome and enjoy.

The launcher is already done. Just waiting on the team to test it all. It supports all 8 languages, has debugging, custom resolutions, supports up to 6 monitors/displays connected at the same time, supports Windows 8.1 - 11 High DPI settings, and able to launch mods without any 3rd party applications (e.g. JSGME, etc.). No one needs to ever manually edit the settings.cfg file ever again. Unless...If the launcher is ran without the newer AoD 1.13 release, then the Load Mod feature will not work because I had to updated code in the game also.
What a wonderful launcher! Very nice BL-Logic logo and surrounding background. There are some minor notes on the rus language.

Hello Vilochka,
Hope thing are going fine with you and you're staying warm.

If you want you can send them to me. To fix it for yourself, just open the ..\config\Launcher.csv file and update the text there. If you do edit the file., leave the encoding at unicode (UTF-8) so it can support Russian and Polish characters.

Glad to hear from you.

Hello Vilochka,
Hope thing are going fine with you and you're staying warm.

If you want you can send them to me. To fix it for yourself, just open the ..\config\Launcher.csv file and update the text there. If you do edit the file., leave the encoding at unicode (UTF-8) so it can support Russian and Polish characters.

Glad to hear from you.
I added a picture - I think it is better to write the word "...Democracy" with a capital letter. And it is better not to translate website names and special terms into russian (Paradox, BL Logic, DPI). I'm not sure about the word "Лаунчер", but so be it. The only error (or mistake - which is correct?) is in the word "Науать" - replace У with Ч - "Начать"
launcherR.jpg

I'll make all the fixes you propose, not just "Науать" - replace У
One thing I did run into when translating, and why I left it as is, the word Custom. I wanted to translate Custom into all the language but a few languages (Russian is one) couldn't do it properly. It would also translate it it like a 'custom of a country' instead of Custom like Special or not in the list resolution.

I'll make all the fixes you propose, not just "Науать" - replace У
One thing I did run into when translating, and why I left it as is, the word Custom. I wanted to translate Custom into all the language but a few languages (Russian is one) couldn't do it properly. It would also translate it it like a 'custom of a country' instead of Custom like Special or not in the list resolution.
The word “Custom” - it seems to me that a word in russian that is close in meaning is “Пользовательский” Look how long the word is. Six letters versus sixteen. English words are more compact and elegant, so if the length of the window does not allow, then this word does not need to be translated. And everyone knows what the word "Custom" means. If this is related to the screen resolution, then the ending of the word changes to “Пользовательское"

The word “Custom” - it seems to me that a word in russian that is close in meaning is “Пользовательский” Look how long the word is. Six letters versus sixteen. English words are more compact and elegant, so if the length of the window does not allow, then this word does not need to be translated. And everyone knows what the word "Custom" means. If this is related to the screen resolution, then the ending of the word changes to “Пользовательское"
I guess we leave it as Custom. Thanks