• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hadar

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Aug 10, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities in Motion
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
When you load a game there are three stages

1) Initializing provinces - this stage goes so quick that there may be a problem to noticed it.
2) Reading scenarios - this on other hand last ages and ages...
3) Initializing script - on this particular I want to focus

When you mess up something in save the games crashes at "Reading scenarios". When I load a game I don't have problem at this stage. My game crashes on "Initializing scripts"

I am playing WATKABOI Grand Campain with Venice. I noticed the problems about 1399. My last save is 1413. Between this period of time I made 47 saves on different files.

So if I load the game I can play with no problems.

Problem is to LOAD the game.

I can divide the 47 saves on 4 cathegories:

a) I can always start the game and load the save playing another save (or the same if I want to reboot the situation)
b) I can always start the game and I CANNOT load the save playing a game
c) I CANNOT start the game and I CANNOT load the game form another save, but when I start a NEW game on clean scenario I CAN load the save from the game.
d) I CANNOT do anything.

I am not a fan of "non-load campaign" and I when I make a mistake a don't hesitate and I load a saved game. So it's annoying for me because:

a) I never know if that save I made will work
b) I never know if the save I am loading won't crash
c) If the game crashes I am on desktop I have to launch whole For the Glory again.
c) I must make thousands of saves to secure myself
d) Loading a game takes a while between the moment I decided to load the game and the moment I eventually make the game to load.

I have Windows 8 which is up to date.

Here is screenshot how the crash looks like: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5984/332k.png

Last edited:
I've never played vanilla FtG. This problem started to occur during this particular session - I've played many time WATKABOI or Plvs Vltra and it's first time I have this kind of problem. And as I said - I've staring to have problem after 1399. Now I have about 1427 and I had no problems for a while, but I don't if them will come back or no.

I've never completed campaign of Plvs Vtra because about VIII and XIX century games become totally unstable. But then the crashes was during the game not during the loading.

I assume you're not playing with the 1.3b patch. This makes the game a lot more stable and fixes many crashes.

I've heard that FTG is not that compatible with Windows 8 so that might be the problem. You should also make sure that the game is not installed under Program Files.