• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the sound of things I don't think 2nd Panzer will be a 1v1 division. Pumas, Wespes, Hummels, JagdpanzerIVs, Panthers, half-tracked Panzergrens, even if all available early, these things aren't cheap. Panther A with recon trait easily will be @300 points a piece. I'm afraid this is going to be closer to Lehr than any other Panzer div.

I read the blog, and it says that its income will be average in A, and among the strongest in B, before taking a dive in C. So it sounds like it will be better suited for 1v1 than Lehr for sure. I just hope it will have solid AA and/or fighters in A, so it's not helpless against 4AD and its B-26 in phase A like 12SS.

It sounds for me like the 2. Panzerdivision is a mix of the Panzer-Lehr and the 9. Panzerdivision. It receives the modern equipment of the Lehr (Puma, lot of mechanized inf...) combined with the close combat ability and veterancy (StG 44, Borgward...) of the 9. Panzerdivision. I think it will be next to the 12. SS the second true frontline tank division on the german side. Can't await to test them.

Since we were talking about Strafbat/Bewährungstruppen about Festung Gross-Paris, I indeed assumed you were referring to French resistance.
My mistake then ...
It's ok; as you said, I could have been clearer myself too. Anyway, now that the flashy divisions with their fancy toys are out of the way, I can't wait for a preview of the less regular divisions.

Btw, what's your personal favourite of this DLC's new units?

Festung Gross-Paris' Strafbat/Bewährungstruppen depicted in the movie Is Paris burning?
EDIT: YouTube integration dropped the timing. Go to 1:36 for the scene I was referring to.

Another (rarely depicted) case: Germans fighting with the French Résistance.
EDIT: YouTube integration dropped the timing. Go to 1:09 for the scene I was referring to.

People tend to forget that Germany had the largest communist party before the rise of the nazis, and some young Germans drafted in the Wehrmacht switched side. But doing so was at great risk, for them and their family, so they were few. Nonetheless, they played their part in the Résistance. In the S or S-W, one partisan group was led by a German, and when the Résistance paraded into the liberated city (maybe Montpellier), they made him the Résistance standard-bearer, opening the parade.
Another small group in the Alps, entirely made of former German International Brigade members & Wehrmacht deserters, fought a sacrificial battle to allow a larger maquis to break off and escape. Very few survived.

The FFI with the DBSAS division will feature some "Ralliés", although Russians. They were Osttruppen deserting, in much greater numbers than German nationals, to join the Résistance. They provided the Résistance with a core of experience soldiers which trained partisans. Many were looking for a worthy death for their prospect were gloomy: either being captured back and shot by the Germans, or sent back to Stalin ... which might have been an even worst fate.
Yet, in a rare display of cooperation, the mostly communist maquis and the old breed of professional Army officers worked together to prevent them from being sent back to USSR after the Normandy campaign: at least 300 of them were "smuggled" from N-W to S-E France to be incorporated with a new identity in the Légion Etrangère. Stalin never got those back ... :)

It was not too long ago that the last German member of the French Resistance died: Hans Heisel. He spend most of the war in Paris and French communists convinced him to become a communist himself. He also joined the liberation of Paris with a small group of Kriegsmarine soldiers. He was not very well treated in Germany after the war (Stauffenberg was considered a traitor, now imagine a member of the communist party and the French Resistance...) but the French government paid him a small pension.

There were a lot of interesting things going on in Paris 1944. I think it is ironic that the Kriegsmarine had cell with communist soliders since the Kriegsmarine's officers were really paranoid after what happened in 1918.

Any chance this expansion can include an update to the line of sight tool that take account of hills/elevations?