• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(538)

1515 RPG Maps/Events
Dec 14, 2000
php.iupui.edu
I have a question about this.

Where do you go to make all the other majors minors so I can have the possibility of annexing them?

Originally posted by Stromprophet

Where do you go to make all the other majors minors so I can have the possibility of annexing them?

I do ot know eaxctly (I´m just at work...) but I think you will have to edit the text.csv file in the scenario-folder.

Tuenne

In save files ('save games' directory) or in other scenarios files (.eug in scenarios foloder). Look at FAQ thread on this forum, Hartmann wrote what to do step by step.

Easiest way is before you start your campaign. Edit the Grand Campaign file and delete any reference to every power listed except the 1 you want to play.

For instance, my whole grand campaign file with only Frace as a major would look like this in notepad:

header = {
name = 'The Age of Exploration'
desc = 'scenariosdata1520.txtRenaissance.txt'
picture = 'scenariosdatasce1520.bmp'
startyear = 1492
endyear = 1792
FRA = {
desc = 'FRA_GC_HISTDESC'
scenariotactics ='FRA_GC_HISTDESC'
countrytactics = 'FRA_GC_VPTACTIC'
picture = 'scenariosdataFRA1520.bmp'
missioncountry = 'FRA_GC_MISSDESC'
missiontactics = 'FRA_GC_MISSTACT'
countrydifficulty = 7
countryeconomy = 6
countrymilitary = 7
countrydiplomacy = 6
missiontype = 1
numcities = 26
numcolonies = 0
numtradingposts = 0
numgold = 500

}

}
include = 'scenarios1492.inc'

Notice no mention of any other power. I just keep my GC file like this, and change the very 1st three letter country abreviation (FRA = change to PRU = to play Prussia for example )to whatever country I want to play at the time, you will still see a map of France when you select your grand campaign, but whatever countries abreviation you put in there, their shield will be the only 1 listed up top. This does not change the way the game plays except to allow majors to be annexed.

Another question

What about the values.

If you change the military and money and things what does that do?

If I put in 5000 ducats will I start with 5000 ducats?

What are the different mission types?

Re: Another question

What about the values.

If you change the military and money and things what does that do?

If I put in 5000 ducats will I start with 5000 ducats?

What are the different mission types?

No, you won´t get 5000 ducats... I have once tried it with Spain!

Tuenne