• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dedd

Corporal
19 Badges
Aug 13, 2017
  • Knights of Honor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
After sinking about 30 hours into ck3 i honestly can't imagine myself going back to imperator without that and i really think it's a neat feature that breathes life into the characters. We all know the characters are already 3d in the documentary about the creation of imperator so why not add some neat little animations?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't have a problem with animations itself (though I tend to deactivate them, if they hit performace) and in an ideal world of unlimited development ressources this would get an agree from me. But sadly those ressources are limited and so I would like to see them get spend elsewhere. And yes, I'm aware that the animation people can't go suddenly out hunting bugs or programming AI, but I guess they could be still working on other graphical aspects of IR - especially if more flavour content is added. So if I would get the decision between animations and say X new events, I would go for the events.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Animated portraits are a matter of taste. But implementing them would NOT enhance gameplay.

@Herennius is right about development resources. The game needs more 3D Unit models for different unit types. That would make gameplay easier. As long as they are not in the game, it’s a hard NO to any proposal on any other animated 3D art.

it's a neat feature that breathes life into the characters.
That wouldn’t help much if characters stay as they are. Their in-game behaviour should be more realistic, that would enhance

The existing art can stay, but add more clothes (depending on traits, wealth and office) and backgrounds.

• 7Like
Reactions:
After sinking about 30 hours into ck3 i honestly can't imagine myself going back to imperator without that and i really think it's a neat feature that breathes life into the characters. We all know the characters are already 3d in the documentary about the creation of imperator so why not add some neat little animations?
I saw tons of likes for "more mapmode", so why not?
The animated portraits will be funny and will give to the game that ck3's touch that a lots of people want.
Sadly I don't think this is an easy feature to implement on a released game.