• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
comagoosie said:
All of Paradox's music is on my MP3 player :p

I am kidding, but I have thought about it :eek:
I once added the Victoria music to my iPod.

Also, bring back Mussorgsky!

We need more Wagner!

Daaam Daaadaaadaaa daaadaaadaaa daaaaahhh~

:D

Sarmatia1871 said:
Hear hear! Hear hear!

Although from an economics standpoint, is it cheaper to licence recorded music or to get someone to compose and record it...?
In Sweden you don't have to pay STIM-money (Royalties) to classical music composers I think... That's atleast what I've heard on the radio

MaximusII said:
In Sweden you don't have to pay STIM-money (Royalties) to classical music composers I think... That's atleast what I've heard on the radio
You still have to pay royalties to the orchestra that recorded them, though, unless Swedish copyright law is seriously out of synch with the rest of Europe.

Tambourmajor said:
You still have to pay royalties to the orchestra that recorded them, though, unless Swedish copyright law is seriously out of synch with the rest of Europe.
I guess...
That would probably apply to bands making cover songs aswell, considering that an orchestra is alot like a cover band

Rostere said:
I thought the HoI 2 soundtrack was good, even though it felt a little repetitive after a while. For some inexplicable reason it always reminds me of the soundtrack to Warlords 3, even though these have absolutely nothing in common.
Heheh...good game, i only last week talked with my brother about how much we would like a MP session with it. Sadly we both don't have the time and energy atm to install a multibootsystem only for Warlords3.

For some reason, I always enjoyed Victoria's music. But generally, I find the in-game music repetitive, and would prefer a little more variety, especially if it can be timed to coincide with certain events or actions. Such as a Death March once Germany gets rolling, etc. :)

Alojzy said:
Go for Lilly Marlene, Panzerlied, Katiusha, music from "Dictator", something from USO stars and we are set. ;)

I bet every wife would love to hear "Panzerlied" on the continous loop. It would be new Falalala. :)

Ah yes, panzerlied! Also the Sacred War, Katiusha is good, Shenandoah, A Bridge Too Far, Nastasia, The Theme from Patton, and the Farewell of Slavianka, just to name a few. These are all songs I edited into the game myself. Of course, Summon the Heroes is the first song on the playlist when war breaks out followed by Panzerlied.