• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the august reign of avitus viridorrius.png

I am an old men with a vision, I will transform Sevacia from a Tribe to a Kingdom and look for strong alliances to give my descendants a chance to grow strong for many years.

Fist step achieved!

form noricum.png

Our capital now is a flourishing city in the middle of the Alps. I have a dream of a civilised Noric culture in the mountains.

Next step achieved!

Rome is our ally! I had to give them some monies and betray my old tribal allies, but I will keep my fiery and threatening southern neighbour at bay for some time.

We need to grow during the time I bought, war to unite the tribes under my kingdom is the only wait out to survive ...

death.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
At autumn of 497 Avitus was dead, the king who had united us from a loose tribal confederation to a true and proper kingdom. His son Dubnovellaunus had athough legacy to live up to.

Althought Noricum paled in comparisson to rome in strength and riches it was arguably the third strongest celtic nation in the world at the time.

Skärmbild (163).png

Avitus had brokered a alliance with Rome and gotten a tributary in cisalpine gaul. We were in fact "helping" Rome in a war currently. We also had a war of our own in the west that were ongoing.
Skärmbild (164).png
Skärmbild (165).png
Skärmbild (166).png

The war in the west were going very well and it looked to end soon.
Skärmbild (167).png

With the death of our old king our tributary stopped being our tributary.
Skärmbild (168).png

With a quick end to the western war we turned out eyes to our former vassal to the south.
Skärmbild (169).png

Our former vassal had made some friends but no matter we will punish them.
Skärmbild (171).png

Around this time our king got married.
Skärmbild (172).png

The vassal war was harder than thought so mercenaries were hired to help.
Skärmbild (173).png

Our lands have been very fertile since our new king took the throne, he saw it as a sign he was favored by the gods.
Skärmbild (174).png

The vassal war has come to an end, they dragged one of their allies with them to the grave.
Skärmbild (175).png

In the eyes of the world this turned us from a minor kingdom in the alps to one of the major powers of our time.
Skärmbild (176).png

The dead were barely buried before another war was started, this time to make sure we were the only power in the alps.
Skärmbild (177).png

The arverni a gaulic tribe were intrested in a alliance around this time.
Skärmbild (178).png

Rome could barely hold together what they have.
Skärmbild (179).png

We embrace itallic influences on our military. and will in the years to come copy much from Rome.
Skärmbild (180).png

The alpine war has come to an end.
Skärmbild (181).png

In just under 7 years our new king had doubbled Noricum in size even if granted he inheirited a next to won war on his ascent to the throne.
Skärmbild (182).png

The rhaetians had quickly turned to a insignificant minority so they were replaced in the administration.
Skärmbild (183).png
Skärmbild (184).png

Lepontics were the ones replacing them.
Skärmbild (185).png

A campaign into northern Illyria was done.
Skärmbild (187).png

The first victim in Illyria.
Skärmbild (188).png

Te rest of the victims.
Skärmbild (189).png
Skärmbild (190).png

With no sons of his own our king decided to let women take the throne if no male heirs were present.
Skärmbild (193).png

Our lepontic subjects quickly became a major part of our army.
Skärmbild (194).png

Boihemia was invaded.
Skärmbild (195).png

The boihemians and their germanic allies were quickly defeated.
Skärmbild (197).png

Our first leader were a god among men but from this point on he also counted among the many gods among gods..
Skärmbild (198).png

It was decided to integrate more gauls.
Skärmbild (199).png

Rome faced a sardinian revolt.
Skärmbild (200).png

While we faced minor frontier revolts.
Skärmbild (201).png

That were quickly killed.
Skärmbild (202).png

And again. They were quickly killed.
Skärmbild (203).png

Germans had invaded the areas next to us so we decided to expell them from the region.
Skärmbild (204).png
Skärmbild (205).png

The treverians had grown to be the third most powerfull people in the region (with us in first and our ally arvernia in 2nd place) we decided that we would suffer no rivals.
Skärmbild (206).png

Minor powers in the region was also invaded due to rumors of a good rock being there.
Skärmbild (209).png

Most of the treverian land were surrendered to us and the arvernians.
Skärmbild (210).png

Before the minor nations surrendered their land.
Skärmbild (211).png

And their rock.
Skärmbild (212).png

Noricum in the 28th year of Dubnovellaunus reign.
Skärmbild (213).png

With having gotten a son just 3 years ago everything seemed well.
Skärmbild (214).png

Before I got assasinated.
Skärmbild (215).png

While i wanted to do some things before my session was over i cant really complain i got 3 decades. Three decades of war.

Attachments

• Skärmbild (192).png
    Skärmbild (192).png
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Here's the Savefile, AAR will follow.

Attachments

• 581.9.14 - Noricum_DEATH.rome
    12,7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
My longest run so far, next post will try to explain what happened during all these years (almost a century!)

Attachments

• 699.5.11 - Noricum.rome
    17,2 MB · Views: 0
The reign of Elitovius I Viridorrius formerly known as 'The Illyrian' was a long one, where the nation of Noricum was transformed for ever.

1622281958559.png
My name is Airmed Epattica and I am the second wive of Elitovius. I married him when he lost his first wive Ama Divici but I can tell you that his life has been plentiful. He started as a toddler king, later ailing teenager but had one of the longest and greatest reigns of Noricum:

1622280669369.png
1622281605320.png
1622281740319.png
1622281859162.png

Noricum has changed with him too. When he got on the throne the realm had just expanded south in the Roman lands of Italia and Magna Grecia. He expanded through the coasts of Illyria at a great cost of lives (this is the origin of his cognomen), Tarraconensis and Contestantia. He also conquered Pannonia from the tribes and Roman power. A great achievement was the network of roads that linked all cities of the realm. He was very proud of the first legion that started it all, the Civil Corps.

1622280625195.png
1622282193585.png

On the other hand, the Noric culture was first predominant in the region of Boiohaemum, Rhaetia and Alpes Maritimae. At the end of his reign, Noric was predominant through all the realm, except for the Roman provinces that kept their own culture as a respect for the long time enemy.

1622280753008.png
1622282429126.png

In the beginning our population was 10,498 with half of them slaves. At the end, Elitovius achieved a population of 15,911, and increment of more than 50% thanks mainly to the many wars with Rome and our neighbours.

There were five wars with Rome in his reign, all of them very costly, with more than 744K deaths of Noricum soldiers. This is one of the reasons Elitovius reformed the law and implemented the Royal Army military reform to train professional soldiers. Each war with Rome had less casualties due to the increasing professionalism of our troops.

One Roman dictator was the great personification of our enemy, Fabia Prima. She was very deceitful and used as many resources at her hand to oppose Elitovius in every war. Her maritime incursions in Transalpine Gaul when Elitovius was marred in the Illyria mountains were bold and almost turned the war in favor or Rome. Fabia kept learning new tricks during her life and only all our might was enough to grant us victory against her. She died past her 70 anniversary, but until then she was a cruel and confident adversary. Volero Fabius Montanus took the dictatorship from Rome, although prominent and shrewd, he has yet to prove that he has the same vigor than Fabia.

1622283013641.png
1622283209502.png
1622283324072.png
1622282564879.png

One good side of the wars was the capture of many Roman citizens, with more than 836 pops enslaved during the five wars with Rome. At the end, Rome population went from 3,691 to 2,609, a decrease of almost 30%!

1622281459120.png
1622282637691.png

1622282923401.png
Now it is time for his son Bellicianius I Viridorrius to continue. I will retire in a villa and write down my husband's memories.

Last edited:
To start of i had a succession crisis with some upstarts desiring my crown, i ignored them.
Skärmbild (239).png

And started some wars in germania.
Skärmbild (240).png
Skärmbild (241).png
Skärmbild (242).png

While i demoted the romans.
Skärmbild (243).png

Carthage was invaded to truly show we are the dominant power in the region.
Skärmbild (245).png

what remains of the gauls was invaded at the same time.
Skärmbild (246).png
Skärmbild (247).png

together with cleaning up germania.
Skärmbild (248).png

Once you get late game enough and have no rivals anymore you can basically expand on multiple fronts at once.
Skärmbild (249).png

Carthage loses carthage.
Skärmbild (250).png

More wars to subjugate gaul.
Skärmbild (251).png

More peacedeals.
Skärmbild (252).png

A invasion into brittain is launched.
Skärmbild (253).png

Some minor expansion eastwards.
Skärmbild (254).png

Foolish me thought rome would be easy since i was so much larger than them.
Skärmbild (255).png

Carthage was attacked again. They would be peaced out before rome even with a 2 year headstart on the roman war.
Skärmbild (256).png

Only really got border regions from rome. I might have been able to take 100% if i comitted all forces towards greece. I consider that a waste and expand in many directions at once instead.
Skärmbild (257).png

More expansions eastward.
If i were better at the game i would have conquered everything in red and then prettied up the borders later but i only conquerd minor border regions.
Skärmbild (258).png

Noricum before the conquest most of the rest of brittain.
Skärmbild (259).png
Skärmbild (260).png
Skärmbild (261).png
Skärmbild (262).png

All in all i conquered alot but i could easily have finished of scandinavia and the baltic region if i had said fuck it to border gore earlier and prettied up the borders later. I was preparing for a campaign against Carthage and the tribe in hispania when i died.
Since i lacked land by the spear Carthage was allowed to live.

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting.

Noricum is doing very well. I'm interested in details about the wars with Rome.

Does Rome still exist?

The post by @Jiben was the last, since only 7 years remained until th end. Rome still exists, but only in the eastern Balkans and Greece.