• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 12, 2008
I'm playing a game as the Principality of Alania and I wanted a different CoA. This is my first CoA and my last contribution for a while. It is not historically accurate I think but I think it looks nice. I made sure to save it as 8bit bmp. Please critique the texture and let me know if it is good or bad. :eek:o

ALAN.bmp (18 KB)

preview:

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm glad you like the texture.

I noticed the County of Yegorlyk is using the ALAN.bmp CoA for its county shield. Is it supposed to do that? I didn't notice until now. :wacko: Actually I think it's using the same heraldry in a different image because it looks textured and shaded differently to me. So maybe I wasted my time on this but it was fun to learn how to make CoA shields. :D

Update: I can't find a yegorlyk CoA in my CoA folder. I guess it does use the same one but it looks brighter to me. maybe I am overlooking it. I don't know what to change the yegorlyk CoA to though. If anyone has any info on this issue then I will give them a great big hug. :)

This is the original image I used for the CoA.
nossetia.png

Last edited:
I made it smaller. I had to do some painting but I think I did ok.

I will edit the 1st post in this thread and put the new link to the CoA.

here is another screenshot:
Alania_SS.jpg

Last edited: