• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blackwhitecavias

Colonel
48 Badges
Apr 11, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
In my current game as a norse emperor in Scandinavia with a vassal Greece (byzantines fel apart so I conquered the remains and Epirus) one of my vassals conquered a single county in India. Some time later the chinese emperor decided that I for some reason should be a tributary and when I refused (I mean I'm on the other side of the map, I wasn't going down without a fight) he decided to send an army west. After I let them take Finland they decided to engage my 20k troops in Aland, which turned out to be a mistake for them as I killed 40k troops in a few battles.
This created a situation where I was at 100% warscore from battles, but as they had occupied my Indian province (which would be difficult to retake) I was not able to enforce peace, but only to create a white peace. I would expect an enemy that has just lost half his army and will probably lose the other half if they continue fighting to want to get out of the war which they had no chance of winning (they have 40k troops left all the way in asia, but I still have 28k myself, with another 8k from vassals and 15k in allies).

Upvote 0
This really should be the case for Chinese and adventurer conquests. I was once a byzantine vassal, and we defeated a Seljuq adventurer multiple times after he successfully occupied 1 whole province. He was down to a few thousand men compared to almost 20k, but he kept coming back and getting defeated again...all while the great basileus sat on the province next to the occupied ones. Maybe he was waiting to get his army reinforced from 18k back up to the full 21k needed to successfully unsiege an almost ungarrisoned province. who knows