Allow "Ask to Ransom Prisoner" For Any Prisoners, Not Just Your Subjects - Enable "Sell Into Slavery" Option For Appropriate Religions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kaczynskisatva

Second Lieutenant
Sep 2, 2021
Title is self-explanatory.

Why shouldn't I be able to ask to ransom prisoners from anyone? I have the same incentives to buy a foreign prisoner that I have to invite someone to my court - claimants, marriage, appointment to something, want to kill them myself, and so forth.

On the flip side, if the Lord of Timbuktu wanted to buy one of my captives from me, why would I care how he was in diplomatic range, as long as his gold was yellow?

If the purchased prisoner is of my religion group, and I am not at war with their liege, or hostile towards them due to raiding, they should arrive in my court as courtiers. They should have the same "grateful" opinion modifier that applies to prisoners rescued using the Intrigue focus, assuming there is one - I've never used that mechanism. There should be one.

If they are not part of my religion group, I have no Alliance or non-aggression pact with their liege, and I would not incur execution piety for executing them, they should arrive as prisoners. These should also have a "grateful" modifier equal to the penalty of the "in prison" modifier, making them easier to recruit.

-

Additionally, the "sell into slavery" option should be available for prisoners held by tribal governments, pagans, Muslims, and any other religion historically known to have had the practice of selling captives into slavery, of which I confess my ignorance. The value should be calculated in the same way that a courtier's value as a eunuch or concubine offering to China is calculated, multiplied by the prestige value of their house and the highest rank of their close relatives, in the same way that the prestige value for marriages are calculated.

Upvote 0