• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(778134)

Private
16 Badges
Aug 1, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
I noticed when a Human player goes to war with someone His allies will call to arms His allies. I however noticed the Human player cannot do this. Or is there something I'm missing? Because My call to arms button isn't there whenever I join a Friend's war.

Is there a reason for this? Because the AI has this option from what it seems.

My allies have dragged me into their allies wars a few times.

But the player never gets warleader status, even when a minor is under attack.

It happens, you are probably just not big enough in your current game. One of my allies ended up becoming the HRE, and he constantly pulled me into every war in HRE because he was pulled in, but because I was bigger than he was, I became war leader and could also call my allies. Really silly though. Burgundy defending HRE on behalf of Saxony, pulling in Portugal and Hungary. Jesus...

But the player never gets warleader status, even when a minor is under attack.

Sometimes it happens, though I don't know all the situations. I think if the Emperor/Defender of the Faith get involved, they become war leader. Though I am pretty sure in some situations if one ally is just SOOOOOOOO much bigger then they will become leader.

EDIT: Although that guy above me had the HRE give up war leader status. Might just depend on your contribution to the alliance army size (i.e. maybe 50%+ or something?)

Sometimes it happens, though I don't know all the situations. I think if the Emperor/Defender of the Faith get involved, they become war leader. Though I am pretty sure in some situations if one ally is just SOOOOOOOO much bigger then they will become leader.

EDIT: Although that guy above me had the HRE give up war leader status. Might just depend on your contribution to the alliance army size (i.e. maybe 50%+ or something?)

Rememeber if you are on the offensive side the attacker always stay warleader (otherwise they could not negotiate for what they want). Only defensive wars shift.