Allies disappear during combat 100% the time (video included)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JJ177

Recruit
Mar 25, 2021
Okay so this glitch happens when playing on XBOX ONE and happens 100% of the time. I can mark a building, wait for the squads to arrive (and yes I know all about the 25-30 second window when squads are ‘available to attack’ ) but once I enter combat, I can see my allies at the start of combat but then they immediately disappear….. Pretty game breaking as I am completely outnumbered and lost many fights because of this. I spent hours trying to find a way to make my allies not disappear during combat (trying every possible scenario) and realized it’s just flat out glitched and doesn’t work no matter what I try.
Here is a video of it where you can see my allies, fortune tellers (with whom I invited to war against the enemies white city circus shown in the clip, and signed a non aggressive pact with fortune tellers along with trade agreements/etc) appear at the start of combat and then disappear as soon as combat begins. This happens both indoors and outdoors. It happens 100% of the time, including if trying an ambush (allies will appear at start but as soon as Ambush attack begins they will disappear).

Even when declaring war and inviting an ally for the first time, when the tutorial pops up regarding marking buildings for allies - the allies will even disappear in combat during the TUTORIAL! Literally nothing I tried can make them stop disappearing.

Video link

I have literally tried everything and tried it with multiple factions. I was about to buy the new DLC but after realizing that allies cannot even help in combat anymore, well that’s a game changing bug, so will have to wait until these major bugs are fixed..Also I am playing on Xbox one.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yes, I waited. Did you watch the videos above? Also yes I see the “squads are on their way” message change to “squads are ready for X amount of seconds” and attack during that time - and they STILL always disappear.
Every single combat scenario you can imagine from marking buildings, to simply passing hostiles in the streets (and having allies in range) will always result in allied troops disappearing once combat starts. Always. I spent probably 3 hours the other night testing every possible combat scenario and allied units would disappear 100% of the time once a battle starts. Allied units will show up at the start of the battle, but immediately glitch out/disappear as soon as any combat starts.
I even wipes all my saves and started over and it didn’t help.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Here is another video showing I marked the building, and if you watch closely you can see I did everything correctly. This issue is not related to marking buildings though, as this glitch occurs during ALL combat.
At 0:06 second mark it says “squads are on their way to the building”
At 0:07 second mark it says “squads are ready to join the attack for the next 24 seconds”
Then I attack and the allies who appear behind my squad suddenly disappear as soon as combat starts….
But as I said the issue is beyond just “marking buildings” this glitch applies to ALL combat - be it marking a building or fighting with allies in the street - no matter what the situation is, the allies disappear every single time combat starts.
Here is one more video I captured, this time indoors, where me and my ally marked/attacked a building. You can see them spawn into building and then immediately disappear…
So it doesn’t matter if the combat is indoors or outdoors allies will disappear during any form of combat, 100% of the time.

You are waiting for them to arrive at their marked target and switch to their attacking/ready to help state, right?
Happens to me on Steam PC also 100% of the time and happened even before the latest patch and expansion.
Actually i thought it was just bad gameplay since in the Video i just posted on the forum The AI VS AI combat by disappearing, I've been playing solo all this time.

That’s not good it happens on PC also? I watched your video and I also always see enemy units disappear in the middle of the street also, now I know why.
So the issue appears to be happening on Xbox one, PS4, and PC. It seems likely now that it happens on all platforms,
and it’s simply the gameplay that is fully glitched when it comes to allies in combat..
I hope the devs acknowledge the issue and work to try to resolve it. Making allies disappear constantly ruins gameplay as it makes having allies useless during the game.

Hey Folks, I'm so sorry to hear you have experienced this issue! Just a few questions to help us dig into this a bit more:
  • Have you experienced this while playing on the latest available update also?
  • @Griever29, how often are you experiencing this on PS4?
  • @imperial., if you have a Player.log or save file relating to this, could you send it over, please? (Information on where to find them on your machine is here)
Thanks for the information and videos you have provided here @JJ177, it's really helpful!

Since no one else replied back, is there anything else I can report that will help? I have seen other people online (YouTube videos and such) also asking why their allies disappear during combat, so the issue seems widespread.