• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Senatus1980

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Feb 24, 2014
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hi, All

Apologies if this has come up before, but has there ever been any word about importing an EUIV-style favor system into IR diplomacy? Currently, it seems strange to me that you can call in your allies and not need to compensate them at all for their efforts (either through territory or favors spent/earned). Similarly, I rarely enter into alliances (once my homeland is secure), because I don't want to be repeatedly called into wars without gain. In EUIV, I don't have this problem, because (1) I know I can't be called in willynilly and (2) if I am called, I will get something out of it if we're successful.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I would say this is a very uncontroversial take, and knowing that @Arheo has worked on eu4 before I'm sure he has something in mind for fleshing out diplomatic relations and trust/favours/whatever at some point, it's just the type of thing that's easier said than done, given that there are many other aspects of the game that also deserve game-dev / programmer attention.

Secondly, I'd expect any flesh-out to diplo-relations to tie into existing concepts in some innovative ways, character parameters, matters of religious / cultural relations that also affect the happiness of pops and characters form these cultures etc... recent patches are laying potential ground-work for making these things quite possible - in reach of being designed in some intuitive ways; hits of it are there already, like temporary modifiers to a cultures happiness during ongoing war against cultural kin.

... we know there's been a vassal-rework underway that was postponed from being included in 1.5. It would make sense to me to have alliance-diplomacy be fleshed out alongside that, in one way or another... but I have no idea when to expect any of this. probably not for 1.6.

• 2Like
Reactions: