All my mods are somehow missing descriptor files - please help!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

123drink

Recruit
2 Badges
Feb 4, 2017
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I've been having a nightmare of a time trying to get mods to work in the CK3 launcher for some days. They give the warning in he title. If they work after I follow the formula of unsubscribe-delete from the mods folder-resubscribe method (and lately they don't, not working but not giving the warning either sometimes) then the problem reappears the next time I launch the game. I disconnected my Paradox account from Steam thinking it may be the issue, nothing. I tried reinstalling, nothing. At my wit's end.

1h.PNG
2h.PNG

Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods in BOTH the Steam Workshop and the Paradox mod site mods.paradoxplaza.com
- delete the folder Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/mods_registry.json (if present)
- delete the file Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite (if present)
- run the game up and check the launcher is okay with no mod or other errors
- subscribe to a few mods

- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

What if you only delete the file Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite , is that enough to get it working again?

If so we have some launcher or antivirus issue I believe.