• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Orders:
1. Declare the city Victorsburg that is under the control of the Superiacy to be a Holy City and a Holy site
2. Invite those of high blood purity to come to this pure city to be Nuns and Monks and worship Namid in full purity

((I hope you just mean the parts of the city the Superiacy controls, because most of Victorsburg is not Superiacy territory))

((There are now 12 hours left until the orders deadline. After that I won't accept more orders.))

Hint: Remember to bring siege weapons to your sieges.

A Letter to Xavier VII...

c6f93edb0fbc17dd3ad1db98d18e1b50

House Riosh

Exalted Superius,

It has recently come to my attention that you have begun a pious endeavor of naming Victorsburg a holy site. A most noble venture, one no doubt blessed by Namid. I write you to express my undying support, not only for this holy mission, but for the Superiacy as a whole. It is my hope, Your Benevolence, that you will not hesitate to call upon me in times of need, great and small. Doubtless that I will soon be making the pilgrimage to Victorsburg, to reflect upon the Creator and all your hard work. Mayhaps I will be afforded the chance to meet you in person.

Before man, lords and kings, there is only Namid.

Yours in service,
~Ethan Riosh.
Duke of Igskada

I admire the enthusiasm you have taken to your new position.

Regarding your first proposal, while I do appreciate the need to clamp down on corruption, I fear all this would do is provoke a rebellion in the heart of Dalmira, one which we do not need. The thought is appreciated, and may be implemented at some time in the future, but that time is not yet. You may want to ask some of the other dukes in the realm if they would be willing to support such a move, as they may be in a better position to do it than I.

Your second proposal is a very good suggestion. I myself have already sent surveyors for a similar purpose, but if you feel your efforts would help matters more so, I encourage you to go ahead.

Your third proposal is also a great idea. I would talk with the Superius first, and make sure the Namidist church is okay with the proposal before proceeding, but assuming they are okay with it, I will be very pleased if it is implemented.

Your fourth proposal is a good suggestion. I suggest you do this immediately, if you can.

- Magnus Landau I, King of Dalmira

Upon receiving the letter from the king Armand Vasa immediately begins working to implement his proposals.

Orders
1. Armand begins examining the way the army is being administered, checking requisition orders, payment records, etc. in the hopes of finding ways to cut costs and reduce corruption, with the ultimate goal of reducing hte yearly expenses of the military.

2. Armand also seeks to improve the king's survey efforts by sending out his own surveyors to work in tandem with the kings, looking to find valuable resources on the king's land for him to exploit.

((I hope you just mean the parts of the city the Superiacy controls, because most of Victorsburg is not Superiacy territory))
((I hope you're not confusing Victorsburg City with the Duchy of Victorsburg, because I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that Victorsburg city was a theocracy. And even if not, is there anything particularly wrong with dedicating an entire city to Namid? Do you not respect our creator and lord? This is OOC but if I were you I would watch my words, Royal Blood does not mean your blood is immune to corruption, and we all know the corrupted cannot rule))

House Riosh

Exalted Superius,

It has recently come to my attention that you have begun a pious endeavor of naming Victorsburg a holy site. A most noble venture, one no doubt blessed by Namid. I write you to express my undying support, not only for this holy mission, but for the Superiacy as a whole. It is my hope, Your Benevolence, that you will not hesitate to call upon me in times of need, great and small. Doubtless that I will soon be making the pilgrimage to Victorsburg, to reflect upon the Creator and all your hard work. Mayhaps I will be afforded the chance to meet you in person.

Before man, lords and kings, there is only Namid.

Yours in service,
~Ethan Riosh.
Duke of Igskada

((To: Duke Ethan))

Duke Ethan of Igskada

Any support for Namid and his helpers is highly respected and most welcomed, especially in a time when dark forces may threaten to raise up against us and corrupt the blood of man even further, plunging us into darkness and suffering for their own pleasure. Therefore if we're ever to fall in trouble I will let you know immediately.
If and when you are to visit and if we are not busy, a man of your noble stature is welcome to pray and meditate with me inside the High Church, and then a discussion on spirituality over tea afterwards, perhaps?

Xavier VII, Superius of the Superiacy

Last edited:
Of course the Superiacy tries to claim a city for itself. I hope our Dalmiran brethren won't stand for this obvious powergrab...

Oligarch Reynald dan Haaken,
speaking to some fellow drunkards in a Moraille bar

((OOC: There's nothing stated about that Victorsburg is controlled by the church. It simply states it is as it's home. I'm okay(in fact, you have my support) with naming Victorsburg as a holy city, encourage pillgrimage, etc, as long as I've control of the city and it's revenues as stated in the duchy stats.))

ThunderHawk3 said:
The Duchy of Victorsland (Victorsburg):

Victorsburg supposedly the birthplace of the first Dalmiran King, Victor the Great - though some say the city and duchy were merely named for him. It controls the heart of the Dalmiran lowlands, and some call it the breadbasket of Dalmira, as it exports foodstuffs to the northern cities. Victorsburg is the current home of the Namidist Superiacy - a source of prestige, perhaps, but a liability for would-be sinners.

Orders:
Dwaler will travel the lands to search for plants with special power (healing, feeding, generally having good wood to use as weapon etc.) and he will gather the plants with special powers if he can and he will use it to help people in exchange for money.

Orders from the Lord High Treasurer of Meddeland
1. Convert the taxation system to a tax farming system so those taxes in the King's authority to collect will be collected more reliably.
2. Awaiting the King's permission, appeal to the Great Council to collect those taxes under their authority, offering the concession that those taxes will remain in a General Fund that will require their approval for the King to spend.

Edit:
I can already tell my finalized orders are going to look waaay different than this, don't even bother putting them in the list in this current form. I'll keep them there as to prevent confusion of course.

Revised Orders -
1. Appeal to the GC to collect those taxes under their authority, on the concession that those taxes go into a General Fund for improvements and projects related to strengthening the nation. The King shall be able to draw from the General Fund for direct military expenditures at will, but will also be able to request from the Great Council to make withdrawals from it for other expenditures, such as but not limited to infrastructure projects. This agreement shall last for ten seasons/turns.

2. Divy up the King's salt monopoly in ten season leases for lump sum payments (they pay a lump sum now, they keep the profits for ten seasons after which the monopoly returns to the King).
2000px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Camilla,_Duchess_of_Cornwall.svg.png

A MESSAGE FROM HIS MAJESTY, MAXIMILLIAN III of HOUSE BRIARLING, BY THE GRACE OF NAMID, KING OF MEDDLELAND AND ARDANS, DEFENDER of the REALM, GRAND DUKE of KANDON and KEEPER OF JUSTICE, to the GREAT COUNCIL​

1. We approve of the proposal of Lord High Treasurer in his appeal to the Great Council to collect taxes for the military fund.
2. We approve of the proposal to divy up Our salt monopoly, but would like to do that in the form of an auction - during the next season we would be collecting bids from merchants of our realm, to see what sums they would be ready to pay for parts of Our monopoly - and, seeing the result next season, would either grant or withold Our approval, lending away or keeping the monopoly. ((I want to know how much they would offer in lump sums for the monopoly, before the Crown would sign the agreement - it could be during update or immediately after update, does not matter)

We have have also decided to take the following measures -
1) We order all the troops within our realm, including the recruits that may join Our forces during the next season, to join the army on the border of Ardans, under the command of Our Lord Marschall, Duke Francis of Vantage., 2) We ask the Great Council to waver the rule regarding the secrecy regarding the members of the royal house of Brialing. This principle did not save the Briar kings from extinction and makes dynastic marriages, which are an instrumental part of the royal diplomacy, much harder to arrange. If we do want to prevail over the forces of heresy, we need be united with other Sovereigns, both by blood and agreements, not be isolated from them.
((Orders))

Last edited:
((OOC: There's nothing stated about that Victorsburg is controlled by the church. It simply states it is as it's home. I'm okay(in fact, you have my support) with naming Victorsburg as a holy city, encourage pillgrimage, etc, as long as I've control of the city and it's revenues as stated in the duchy stats.))

((The Superiacy does not and will not bother itself over petty noble taxations, but you must understand that for the City to become a centre of Purity it must be left in the hands of the Church. You must also understand that the Church and Namid's Helpers cannot solely depend on others and so we must have a stronghold of our own.))

((The Superiacy does not and will not bother itself over petty noble taxations, but you must understand that for the City to become a centre of Purity it must be left in the hands of the Church. You must also understand that the Church and Namid's Helpers cannot solely depend on others and so we must have a stronghold of our own.))

((There is no reason for these posts to be OOC. Mark them "private" if you so wish.))

((I hope you're not confusing Victorsburg City with the Duchy of Victorsburg, because I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that Victorsburg city was a theocracy. And even if not, is there anything particularly wrong with dedicating an entire city to Namid? Do you not respect our creator and lord? This is OOC but if I were you I would watch my words, Royal Blood does not mean your blood is immune to corruption, and we all know the corrupted cannot rule))

((When you annex land, you best be prepared to deal with the consequences with that. Since KaiserBeer is okay with it, I will let it go. However, being Superius does not give you the right to do whatever you want. I hope you realize that. And, by the way, I know you know my traits and everything, but corrupt people have ruled all the time. It's not as if it changes the divine right of kings. You can't just oust a king because he's corrupt.))

((The problem is that your stronghold is my entire capital. All I can offer you is to grant places in the administration for priests and give the church a full independent district within the city - somewhat making Victorsburg to have a dual administration, but I think you understand that I can't give my entire capital away. Anyway, you have no additional expenses and you have the protection of our glorious armies against the vile heatens on the wrong side of the border. ))

Canadian_95_RTS said:
((When you annex land, you best be prepared to deal with the consequences with that. Since KaiserBeer is okay with it, I will let it go. However, being Superius does not give you the right to do whatever you want. I hope you realize that. And, by the way, I know you know my traits and everything, but corrupt people have ruled all the time. It's not as if it changes the divine right of kings. You can't just oust a king because he's corrupt.))

((No. I'm not okay with him taking my entire capital. I can offer him a dual administration and complete church independence within the city, but I won't give the entire city away.))

((Alright guys, let's stop with the IC, especially since it's starting to have in-thread consequences.))

((Orders))

1) Sofia will work with local law enforcement to crack down on crime within the duchy of Victorsland under the authority of Maximillian Wiegraf. She will use her knowledge of working and living as a thief to hunt and track them down.
2) Sofia will be tutored in combat by Maximillian Wiegraf to learn how to fight and to become a better soldier.

((These orders are approved by KaiserBeer, will post IC about all this later))

((Don't really have an IC in mind))

Old Orders
1. Declare the city Victorsburg that is under the control of the Superiacy to be a Holy City and a Holy site
2. Invite those of high blood purity to come to this pure city to be Nuns and Monks and worship Namid in full purity

New Orders

1. Declare Victorsburg city to be an holy site in the honour of the First High Church
2. Travel to unused lands in the Aerian Mountains to find suitable positions for a New High Church and Holy City, this is to establish a point of pure purity (yeah that pure), when in the mountains meditate for four days to speak with Namid and seek conformation.

((Private - Maxwell500, Canadian_95_RTS - Private))

The Agreement of the Holy Alliance

In the name of Namid the Allmighty, for the sake of the preservation of the regal rule, the only true faith, holy order and peace on the continent of Makria, we, the undersigned, pledge the following:
1. The Kingdom of Hendal, Dalmira and Meddleland form a holy alliance and give an oath not to raise arms against each other, to act in good faith while dealing with each other and protect each other against all external or internal foes
2. Should the Kingdom of Hendal be in need of defending its interests from the horseriding barbarians of Tavan Morin and any other foes, should the Kingdom of Dalmira be in need of defending its interests from any threats that may arise, should the Kingdom of Meddleland be in need to defend its interests from the rebellious forces in Ardans or any other foes, the other parties would assist their brother state by sword and other means.
3. Should one of the parties to the agreement break it, may be the wrath of Namid be upon its head.

In the name of Namid the Allmighty, for the sake of the preservation of the regal rule, the only true faith, holy order and peace on the continent of Makria, we, the undersigned, pledge the following:
1. The Kingdom of Hendal, Dalmira and Meddleland form a holy alliance and give an oath not to raise arms against each other, to act in good faith while dealing with each other and protect each other against all external or internal foes
2. Should the Kingdom of Hendal be in need of defending its interests from the horseriding barbarians of Tavan Morin and any other foes, should the Kingdom of Dalmira be in need of defending its interests from any threats that may arise, should the Kingdom of Meddleland be in need to defend its interests from the rebellious forces in Ardans or any other foes, the other parties would assist their brother state by sword and other means.
3. Should one of the parties to the agreement break it, may be the wrath of Namid be upon its head.

Signed
- King Magnus I, King of Dalmira

"May Namid the Allmighty be with us, August brothers. The Divine right to rule would be defended. We, Maximillian, third of this name, the rightful King of Meddleland and Ardans, do sign this pact"

"We, King of Hendal, Lord of Burnhem and Protector of the Realm, do henceforth affix our seal to this pact. Long may we reign and may Namid, the Greatest and Almighty One, watch over us."