• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last update until mondayish I guess.

A call to Arms!

Our army was in no condition to fight, we had been resting for days. Yet this morning we received the message to begin the long march Taulantii, Phiodas(who, if you haven't caught on, is the king of Macedonia) wanted Scodra and Dardates. We were going to fight the Illyrians once again. Our army marched through the thick forest of Dardania, then we climbed back up into the mountains of Taulantii. The battle orders came, the war had begun. We set to besieging the capital of Illyria at Scodra, and nothing could stop us. Every army they sent was a petty 1.000 men, and sometimes we had not even one on our side die! After placing a garrison of 500 to occupy the city, we went on to the lush farmland of Dardates. This grand province soon fell to us as well, and once again no army stopped us. News came from the capital, thanks to our valiant efforts Macedonia had annexed Illyria. In school they say this will upset the rest of the nation's culture group around them, but no one got angry at us this time. I guess the world was glad to be rid of those bragging little idiots.

Behold, Macedon under the reign of Phiodas Peneid! (Otherwise known as, ME!)

rome_2.jpg

do i sense a macedonian second empire :D

nice AAR, would be good to see a few more screenies though :)

would also be good to see a few more rotten barbarian corpses paving the way for the colonisation of the north ;)

hint: To the North we go!

To the story:

My army was forced to march once again to the barbarian provinces, hoping to incite a horde to attack us. This was the idea when we fought in Moesi, however the barbarians there were like an infinite shield of death. We eventually overran them, and colonists were sent immediately. Also, news came from back home, there was to be a massive construction of a mine in Paeonia. Why they chose the most barbarus, weakest, and undeveloped province for that, I do not know. Also contained in the letter was our new guarantees. I assumed we linked ourselves doing that solely for war purposes, but Phiodas' mind can be strange and warped at times. However, good news also came, we were going to see home again, deep in the heart of Thessaly. The question was, what were we doing there?

Our stay in Thessaly was, unfortunately, short lived. We were ordered into the rich lands of the east. Apparently Phiodas had been busy with those independence letters, and Achea just recently took part in a war against one of our protectees. Our armies moved by night. It was a long battle, and almost, if my math is right(unfortunately my mathematicos died while I was still young), 3/4ths of our army was defeated in battle, however, we forced them into Sparta, and after a fierce siege, we fought them off as well as the Cretans, who had made an attempt on Euobea. We ordered the complete annexation of Achea, and our forces were moving on.

OOC: YES! I conquered one of those minors with HUGE armies.

Greek city states have allways huge armies... :mad:
I wonder how they pay for them, or why the normal citizens tolerate that kind of policy.
And they have a lot of manpower also!