• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More Election Pictures - Courtesy of Qwerty

(The below map is in tune with player constituencies.)

HBGS6u5.png

MSjd5mm.png

The House of Lords
Arithmetic courtesy of Sealy

yEwEjqa.png

Government
Conservative and Unionist Party / Ulster Unionist Party (191)

Opposition
Labour Party (163)
Liberal Party (60)
'Remnant' Communists (11)
United Ulster Unionist Party (4)
Nationalists (2)
Scottish National Party (3)
Plaid Cymru (3)
Non-Tory Whip Scottish Unionists (4)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Responsible for helping to formulate the Monaghan government's policy in Northern Ireland, Kellaghan was promoted to the Cabinet as the first Secretary of State for Northern Ireland following reforms to the Stormont government. His tenure was marked by an uneasy entente between Catholic activists and the Unionist government in the wake of the reforms, although that is not to say that his term was completely without violent episodes.

((I'm sorry but that doesn't fit with the game.

1. There wasn't a Secretary of State of Northern Ireland under Monaghan. Can't invent it after the fact.
2. There was no reforms made by Labour to the Stormont Government. They were done by the local UUP under O'Neill.))

Reactions:
((I'm sorry but that doesn't fit with the game.

1. There wasn't a Secretary of State of Northern Ireland under Monaghan. Can't invent it after the fact.
2. There was no reforms made by Labour to the Stormont Government. They were done by the local UUP under O'Neill.))

((I had thought a secretary of state was one of the reforms, but if I'm misremembering and it seriously offends you then I'll make an edit. Although frankly, I don't see why some sort of reshuffle can't have happened.

Otherwise, the reforms are nowhere specified to have been Labour's doing.))

((I had thought a secretary of state was one of the reforms, but if I'm misremembering and it seriously offends you then I'll make an edit. Although frankly, I don't see why some sort of reshuffle can't have happened.

Otherwise, the reforms are nowhere specified to have been Labour's doing.))

(( The only thing you did, update wise, was to circulate a white paper, which prompted O'Neill to move faster. But there was no Secretary for Northern Ireland, let's not invent it ex-post-facto. :) ))

Honours List (Bonus/Penalty Time)
Player: @EasternBloc
Name: Scarlet Ethel Browne
Bonus Name: 'Lady Liberal'
Bonus PP: +1 PP

Player: @Somberg
Name: Arthur Hornesby III
Bonus Name: Vigorous Campaigner
Bonus PP: +1 PP

Player: @jeeshadow
Name: Roland Carpenter
Bonus Name: Foreign Policy Expert
Bonus PP: +1

In the Que: @Qwerty7 @Bioiron @Fingon888 @Eid3r (upgrade)

Player: @LatinKaiser
Name: Stephen Harwick
Penalty Name: Defeated
Penalty PP: -.5 PP

Player: @Gen. Marshall
Name: Lachlan Barclay
Penalty Name: Defeated
Penalty PP: -.5 PP

(( The only thing you did, update wise, was to circulate a white paper, which prompted O'Neill to move faster. But there was no Secretary for Northern Ireland, let's not invent it ex-post-facto. :) ))

((Fine. You have fun with being the first one, now. :p))

HER MAJESTY'S GOVERNMENT

Prime Minister: Talfryn Ryley ((Firehound15))

Leader of the House of Commons: Arthur Hornesby ((Somberg))
Lord President of the Privy Council: Arthur Hornesby

Chancellor of the Exchequer: Iain Mcleod
Chief Secretary to the Treasury: Margaret Thatcher

Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Edward Heath
Minister for Overseas Development: Timothy Blake ((Michaelangelo))

Secretary of State for the Home Department: Lochlan Fitzpatrick ((Eid3r))
Secretary of State for Northern Ireland: Lochlan Fitzpatrick
Secretary of State for Scotland: Michael Noble
Secretary of State for Wales: Peter Thomas

Lord High Chancellor: The Lord Hailsham of St Marylebone
Minister for Home Affairs: Joan Quennell
Secretary of State for Defence: The Lord Carrington
Secretary of State for Education, Science, and Technology: Norman St John-Stevas
Secretary of State for Employment, Productivity and Labour: Johnathan Chips ((Jackbdolla))
Secretary of State for Health and Social Services: Sir Keith Joseph, Bt.
Secretary of State for the Environment and Local Affairs: Peter Thomas
Secretary of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food: Jeremy McCoy ((Naxhi24))

Secretary of State for Trade and Industry: Clarence D. Abel ((Qwerty7))
President of the Board of Trade: Clarence D. Abel

((There will be a Queen's Speech to open the parliamentary session, just need to write it and send it over to KH.))

((The Queen's Speech will be posted this evening, if anyone wants to get stuff in before that.))

Emlyn Thomas, one of the many Welsh Liberal MPs; specifically for Merioneth, presents a bill

The Welsh Language Recognition bill 1969

1. The Welsh language (Cymraeg) will be recognised as a 'Regional Indigenous Language' in Region of Wales (Comprising the upper authorities of Gwynedd, Clwyd, Powys, Dyed, West Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan, Gwent and South Glamorgan: thus henceforth referred to as the Region of Wales). This designation will entail:
(a) The ability for access government documents in the language: including governmental minutes, census data & collection forms, signage in appropriate areas and in other at the discretion of the enforcing authorities.
(b) Support in primary & secondary education through the form of funding for both L2 lessons &and the creation of medium education in the region of Wales.
(c) Support in tertiary education via providing funding & support for Welsh language courses and Welsh medium education. This act shall also legislate that the government will specifically support the Open University in terms of the aforementioned assistance to ensure that those in all areas may access this form of education.
(d) The affirmation of the right for those living in the region of Wales, and specifically the Y Fro Gymraeg, to operate and live in the indigenous language of their choice.
(e) The creation of The Welsh Language Authority (Mae'r Awdurdod yr Iaith Gymraeg): whose powers will be granted via Royal Charter and will be responsible for the production of Welsh educational resources & support for the other organisations providing services in Welsh.

Last edited:
Emlyn Thomas, one of the many Welsh Liberal MPs; specifically for Merioneth, presents a bill

*The Prime Minister sends a short message to Emlyn Thomas*

Dear Ms. Thomas,

While I am happy that you are eager to formalize and support Y Fro Gymraeg, I find it necessary to remind you and your exceptionally eager friends that it is generally considered out of order to propose legislation prior to the opening of the current parliamentary session by Her Majesty.

vx62uDU.png

*The Prime Minister sends a short message to Emlyn Thomas*

Dear Ms. Thomas,

While I am happy that you are eager to formalize and support Y Fro Gymraeg, I find it necessary to remind you and your exceptionally eager friends that it is generally considered out of order to propose legislation prior to the opening of the current parliamentary session by Her Majesty.

vx62uDU.png
((There wasn't a need for this tbh, you made that clear in IRC and there is not a point in deleting it.))

((Too much OOC. IC more and argue less.))

The Queen's Speech

9XKX6jT.jpg

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons,

My government’s legislative programme will be aimed at a restoration of financial stability, economic growth and renewal, and to placing the lives and livelihoods of British citizens at the fore of governmental concerns.

To restore financial stability, my ministers will work to prevent significant growth of the deficit and to protect employment from any possible further decline.

My government will also reduce taxation, so as to give people more opportunities to spend their money as they see fit, as well as to help contribute to the flow of money within this country’s borders.

Members of the House of Commons, estimates for the public services will be laid before you.

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons, so as to aid in economic renewal following the recent economic recession, my government will implement a rigorous plan of incentivization for businesses seeking to return or relocate to the United Kingdom. Additionally, incentives will also be established to assist in the re-centering of our economy towards rapidly expanding new industries.

My government, however, will not limit its scope to only emerging industries, and instead plans to continue not only supporting manufacturing and other industrial occupations, but also the nation’s agricultural backbone, which it seeks to support through encouraging the sale of British agricultural products throughout the European Economic Community.

Legislation will also be introduced to position this country towards the future, focusing upon the further development of our nation’s infrastructure, as well as the preparation of our children for future occupations via a new mandatory schooling age in addition to programmes for technical skills.

With these things said, my government’s focus is not solely upon the economy, as new supports will be implemented for handicapped and disabled people, giving them the assistance that is needed in their daily lives.

My government will also work to encourage the preservation of local cultures throughout the United Kingdom, with local languages being elevated to a higher level of recognition within the regions of their use.

A commission to investigate the redrawing of national electoral boundaries will be organized, so as to ensure that Britons are appropriately represented in Parliament.

My government will implement a foreign policy of firm-yet-appropriate intervention, reestablishing a British role on the international scale.

The United Kingdom will work with our former colonies to develop their local infrastructures and to establish cordial economic partnerships for our mutual benefits.

We look forward to welcoming His Excellency, the President of the Republic of China, on his forthcoming state visit.

Other measures will be laid out before you.

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons, I pray the blessing of Almighty God may rest upon your counsels.

-

Debates, proposals, legislation, and the lot are now open.

Last edited:
Mr. Speaker,

As Her Majesty's Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, I hereby propose the following legislation in order to assist with the economic recovery of the country following the mismanagement of it under the previous Labour government.

Innovative Economy Fiscal Aegis (IEFA)
Considering the grievous damage done to Britain’s market economy by the Industrial Democracy Act.

Considering the corporate and capital exodus that follow the adoption of the Industrial Democracy Act

Considering that Britain fiscal environment need to be especially competitive to foster the return of businesses and an increase in entrepreneurship.

It is resolved:

1. That a competitive tax incentive shall be given to companies relocating to Britain.

2. That a tax-scheme be created to reward high-technology industries who creates jobs paid over the median salary.

3. That expenses for research and development and equipment modernisation be tax deductibles to a degree of 15% of the business fiscal charge.

British Agricultural Independence Act (BAAA)
Considering that the agricultural industry is vital to the strategic and economic interests of Great Britain.

Considering that efforts can be realised for Britons to choose locally produced farm goods.

Considering that the European Economic Community enables our farmer to challenge their European competitors in free markets.

Considering that great strides could be obtained by modernising equipments on our farms.

It is hereby resolved:

1. That a tax incentive be put in place to encourage the modernisation of farm equipment all across Britain.

2. That modest grant be made available for the renovation or the establishment of farmers markets.

3. That some efforts be realised for the promotion of British farm goods abroad.

Economic Diversification Act (EDA)
Considering that Britain’s economy is heavily centered on manufacturing activities.

Considering that Britain’s is therefore at risk to any economic upheaval in these activities.

Considering that a diversified economy is much more robust and better able to sustain any economic difficulties affecting industries worldwide.

It is resolved:

1. That Her Majesty's Government shall assist the economic diversification of the country by providing temporary tax incentives to entrepreneurs and businesses that develop outside the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.

2. That to benefit these incentives, the said entrepreneur or businesses shall in no fashion discriminate against any citizen, on the base of race, creed, or political affiliation.

Trade Infrastructure Development Act (TIDA) said:
It is resolved:

1. That the budget for infrastructure development be substantially increased.

2. That investment be focused on the development of roads, rails and harbour infrastructure who are critical to trade arteries.

Education Reform Act (ERA) said:
It is resolved:

1. The mandatory school-attendance age will be raised to 16.

2. A complete review of the educational curriculum will be held which will focus on the skills and knowledge needed to compete in a fast changing economy. Emphasis will be put on economics, technology and job-market related skills while ensuring a healthy balance with humanities.

3. Special apprenticeship programs and workplace experience programs will be incentivized as a way to keep our youth in school while preparing them adequately for the job market.

June 1969, House of Commons
Debate on the National Electoral Boundaries Commission Act (NEBCA)

Speaker: The Honorable Home Secretary!

Fitzpatrick: "Mister Speaker, it is my great honor to rise into this House in order to table the National Electoral Boundaries Commission Act, which aims to ensure that all Britons are given equal voice and are fairly represented in this House. The Act merges the four distinct Boundary commissions into a National Electoral Boundaries Commission, which will ensure some uniformity of practice and will protect the boundaries establishment process from undue regional distortions.

Our government being the government of all Britons, we take very seriously any implications that the electoral boundaries could have been tampered with for personal or political expediency. Therefore, the Bill also require of the new commission to conduct an extensive audit of all electoral boundaries within the country, and that the commission's recommendations be made public, to the knowledge of all.

Fair representation is the cornerstone of British Democracy. Therefore, I am quite convinced that the following legislation will receive broad ascent from the Opposition benches and I certainly hope on being able to count on the Honourable colleagues from the opposition benches for its adoption.

National Electoral Boundaries Commission Act (NEBCA)
Considering that the revision of electoral boundaries is a delicate procedure which is tributary of the public’s confidence in its impartial nature.

Considering that allegations of deliberate misrepresentation of British citizens weaken the legitimacy of our electoral process.

It is hereby resolved:

1. That the House of Commons seat redistribution act of 1958 be amended as follows:

a. That the four electoral boundaries commissions be merged into a single National Electoral Boundaries Commission (NEBC).

b. That the NEBC be chaired by a member of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.

c. That the NEBC proceeds to an immediate audit of electoral boundaries within the country.

d. That specific attention is brought the just representation of all British citizens.

e. That the NEBC recommendations be made public.​

June 1969, House of Commons
Debate on the Ancestral Heritage Vitality Act (AHVA)

Speaker: The Honorable Home Secretary!

Fitzpatrick: “Mister Speaker, it is my great pleasure to rise again in this House to introduce on behalf of our government the following legislation: The Ancestral Heritage Vitality Act.

The purpose of this act is to ensure the recognition and vitality of ancestral cultures in our country.

Thank you Mr. Speaker.”

Ancestral Heritage Vitality Act (AHVA)
Considering that the British Isles are populated by many nations which together, form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Considering that these diverse heritages form a rich cultural tapestry which strengthens Britain and the bonds of brotherhood between its citizens.

Considering that culture is the soul of a nation.

It is resolved:

1. That Parliament shall provide funding for the preservation, promotion and vitality of the following Ancestral Heritage and cultures: Welsh, Irish, Cornish and Scottish.

2. That the promotion of national languages and dialects, such as Gaelic, Scottish or Welsh, be encouraged in the relevant regions in a complimentary fashion to English.