• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"
  • You are now able to retry a battle in manual combat once after seeing the results of an auto combat. This can be disabled in the Advanced Setup."
I love that, but I remember Heroes of might and magic 3 showed the results of an auto combat before you actually clicked yes for auto. Wouldn't that be better if implemented on planetfall as well?

Also, this works in multi-player, right? Please, tell me it does. I am always using auto combat in online battles, especially coop.

Planetfall actually simulates the auto-combat "properly". Presumably they want to avoid forcing the autocalc unless you really want to.

Wrecker didn't get a *specific* buff, but the: "Units can now enter melee overwatch after sprinting, allowing melee units to more easily get into position to disrupt enemy lines." seems like it would make melee units in general significantly stronger, including wreckers.
That doesnt really fix wreckers being a rather inferior unit. They cant use reassembly module, dont have resurgence if the battle ends while they are dead, dont have regeneration, and can be body blocked to prevent revive.

You can get nearly the same level of tankiness out of a reassembly module scavenger at a significant discount imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well Paragon units can be overdrive/overcharge for the extra damage (and other bonuses), so I think it's on purpose.

Overcharged it gets a 4 strength arc type stun per hit and chains twice. I think upping their map movement is enough of a buff.

Yeah, sure. I was only noting that, if it's positioned as Walker with Paragon things, then 2 damage increase on Walker should logically apply to it too

Yeah, sure. I was only noting that, if it's positioned as Walker with Paragon things, then 2 damage increase on Walker should logically apply to it too

Logic counts when we talk about balance. They did not see balance in what you call logical. Those units are pretty different in the ways you get them and in the ways they work. To be honest, I guess they are still both non-cost-effective in comparrison to other t3s.

Planetfall actually simulates the auto-combat "properly". Presumably they want to avoid forcing the autocalc unless you really want to.

Yeah, I know they try to do, but so does Heroes. And the latter does it so well that not rarely when I opted for the manual combat I had the same losses as if I had opted for autocombat.

But the same can't be said about planetfall, in which I had losses I would never had in manual combat, as I pointed out in a thread here that's already past 4 pages I guess.

edit: Yeah, I know Heroes is simpler than AoE

Last edited:
Yeah, I know they try to do, but so does Heroes. And the latter does it so well that not rarely when I opted for the manual combat I had the same losses as if I had opted for autocombat.

But the same can't be said about planetfall, in which I had losses I would never had in manual combat, as I pointed out in a thread here that's already past 4 pages I guess.

Battles in HOMM are too casual in comparrison. 1 click per turn.

• Pyrex Absorption Panels Mod now heal for 12hp per turn (was 20%)
  • Pyrex Absorption Panels Mod can now also be applied to Biological units
Wikipedia said:
Pyrex (trademarked as PYREX) is a brand introduced by Corning Inc. in 1915 for a line of clear, low-thermal-expansion borosilicate glass used for laboratory glassware and kitchenware. It was later expanded to include clear and opal ware products made of soda-lime glass.
The patch notes should describe PyrX.

@Zaskow
  • Dvar Prospector, Dvar Earth Crusher, Amazon Arborian Queen no longer regain Full Move Points after cancelling their Sector Center abilities.
  • Mind Controlled Units can no longer be retreated from Manual Combat as it would allow the owner to keep them.
Please confirm, because I don't remember seeing those in sneak peek: aren't these some of the requested changes for exploits?