Confirmed Age of Revolution: Revolutionaries appear even if I have no unrest anywhere.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ninjatomic

Recruit
4 Badges
Jul 6, 2019
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse

Summary​

Age of Revolution: Revolutionaries appear even if I have no unrest anywhere.

Expected Result​

The description for the Age of Revolution states that Revolutionary units will appear if unrest is not managed well.

Actual Result​

I had 2 Rebel VII units appear in every single one of my regions and towns, without a single popup describing why.

Steps to reproduce​

I got to Age of Revolution, and a few turns in, Rebel units appeared in every region. There was no Chaos event for me, as I have negative Chaos.

I can include the save after this occurred, but the bug report form shows save file location for Windows. I'm using Proton on Linux, so it's not helpful. I don't know where saves are located.

Build Number​

1.0.4.F

Upload Attachment​

Upvote 0
This IS spelled in the wiki - way down in the start effect section - but runs counter to what comes before in the description where it is pretty clear it should not happen unless one has high unrest. If it IS meant to always happen, though, then the question is Why? This effectively makes the age not a standard one but a mini crisis age (or a major one if you are not prepared). Additionally, in all my playthroughs, rebels only appear in the human player's territory and not in any of the AI nation areas. This is a significant bug that needs to be addressed.

Summary​

Age of Revolution: Revolutionaries appear even if I have no unrest anywhere.

Expected Result​

The description for the Age of Revolution states that Revolutionary units will appear if unrest is not managed well.

Actual Result​

I had 2 Rebel VII units appear in every single one of my regions and towns, without a single popup describing why.

Steps to reproduce​

I got to Age of Revolution, and a few turns in, Rebel units appeared in every region. There was no Chaos event for me, as I have negative Chaos.

I can include the save after this occurred, but the bug report form shows save file location for Windows. I'm using Proton on Linux, so it's not helpful. I don't know where saves are located.

Build Number​

1.0.4.F

Upload Attachment​

Are you still having this issue on the latest update as well?

Are you still having this issue on the latest update as well?
I have not tried it but the code for this is unchanged since the release. TECHAGE7-BASE triggers TECHAGE7-ACTIVE which triggers TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_BEGIN which contains the following code
XML:
                  <!-- Spawn some units to fight -->
                  <ACardEffect>
                     <EffectType>CE_PlayCard</EffectType>
                     <Payload>TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_SPAWNREVOLUTIONARIES</Payload>
                     <PayloadParam>TurnDelay:8</PayloadParam>
                     <Target>PLAYER,ALLPLAYERS</Target>
                  </ACardEffect>
so it triggers the following card after 8 turns:
XML:
      <ACard>
         <ID>TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_SPAWNREVOLUTIONARIES</ID>
         <ExecutionType>CX_All</ExecutionType>
         <Choices>
            <ACardChoice>
               <Effects>
                  <ACardEffect>
                     <EffectType>CE_SpawnEntity</EffectType>
                     <Payload>UNIT,UNIT_REBEL_LVL_7</Payload>
                     <PayloadParam>SpawnEntityPlayer:NEUTRAL,SpawnPerRegion:4,SpawnRadius:3</PayloadParam>
                     <ExtraTargetParam>TileNotSettlement,TileEmpty,TileTerrainTag:+LandMovement</ExtraTargetParam>
                     <Target>PLAYER</Target>
                  </ACardEffect>
               </Effects>
            </ACardChoice>
         </Choices>
         <CardTags>
            <Tags>
               <Tag>PlayPassiveWhenDelayed</Tag>
            </Tags>
         </CardTags>
      </ACard>

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have not tried it but the code for this is unchanged since the release. TECHAGE7-BASE triggers TECHAGE7-ACTIVE which triggers TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_BEGIN which contains the following code
XML:
                  <!-- Spawn some units to fight -->
                  <ACardEffect>
                     <EffectType>CE_PlayCard</EffectType>
                     <Payload>TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_SPAWNREVOLUTIONARIES</Payload>
                     <PayloadParam>TurnDelay:8</PayloadParam>
                     <Target>PLAYER,ALLPLAYERS</Target>
                  </ACardEffect>
so it triggers the following card after 8 turns:
XML:
      <ACard>
         <ID>TECHAGE7-REVOLUTION_SPAWNREVOLUTIONARIES</ID>
         <ExecutionType>CX_All</ExecutionType>
         <Choices>
            <ACardChoice>
               <Effects>
                  <ACardEffect>
                     <EffectType>CE_SpawnEntity</EffectType>
                     <Payload>UNIT,UNIT_REBEL_LVL_7</Payload>
                     <PayloadParam>SpawnEntityPlayer:NEUTRAL,SpawnPerRegion:4,SpawnRadius:3</PayloadParam>
                     <ExtraTargetParam>TileNotSettlement,TileEmpty,TileTerrainTag:+LandMovement</ExtraTargetParam>
                     <Target>PLAYER</Target>
                  </ACardEffect>
               </Effects>
            </ACardChoice>
         </Choices>
         <CardTags>
            <Tags>
               <Tag>PlayPassiveWhenDelayed</Tag>
            </Tags>
         </CardTags>
      </ACard>
Ah, disregard! This is notated already and someone is taking a look at it :)