• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

donm61873

Panhypersebastokrator
42 Badges
May 4, 2004
dmckinne.winterwar.org
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Abandonware? Well, it's been sitting on my drive for a very long time, but here's an update to the Byzantium Triumphant scenario, which was the replacement for the old fantasy Byzantium annex for AGCEEP.

This current upload should work with 1.57 and 1.58 beta (through 12). I will attempt to pay more attention. Yes, I have a version for For The Glory, I'll post over there.

As it stands with this upload, simply unzip the BT1_907.zip file into the AGCEEP/scenarios folder; the new scenario, named "Byzantium Triumphant", will then be available inside EU2/AGCEEP.

The files are still not completely cleaned up and I have NOT yet gathered up the necessary texts for a text.csv update. Things do work, but they need to be fully tested, and letting others play with the files as they stand. I'll work on text.csv if and when the future of the AGCEEP mod is clear. But I do enjoy playing this (and my son can't get FTG to run on his laptop, so he insists I support EU2!), so I'll keep it going... I reserve the right to change events, event text, and even event IDs (which will happen, there's still placeholders in spots in the event file).

Please discuss the Fantasy Byzantium Annex in the existing discussion thread. Thanks for your support!

Attachments

• BT1_907.zip
    131,6 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:
did 2 complete runs to 1800's: awsome set of events, especially the random vassals are very intreasting; VERY GOOD JOB :) ; i will concentrate on shortcomings.

1-major event bug; 1606 after "zoe" takes throne; when rebels attempt to take throne; the event requiers that the capital be occupied of rebels; however it triggers anyway and instant ctd; erasing the event was only solution

2- need follow ups to netherlands affair events ; also what would pope do if it is forced to become orthodox? any grand finale with possible italian culture? what about spain in 1700's? any ethiopian follow up?

3- the black and white sheep need as well annex events as the other turkis minors

4- if nubia becomes vassal it still converts to sunni...

5-no events regarding north africa even if there is an event giving 50years cb on them

6-if jerusalim ocupied while at war with mameluks and they choose NOT to give in, the event regarding arab expulsion triggers anyway WITHOUT having jerusalim under actual control( since mamelluks would not cede it first) sometimes creates instant ctd of course.

7-major event bug 1680; in that year the event "rebelion of duke imr.." ; if byzhantum chooses its first choice the other reactionarry event triggers to byz as well instead of austria = instant ctd; could not find that bug

8-pope's event to return to avignion does not work; does not seem that the french have a simliar event yet

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
This thread is not for discussion but for upload only. Please go here.

I understand this is a upload thread, but this is an upload-related question. When I straight unzipped the file into AGCEEP/Scenarios and ran AGCEEP, there was no option for Byzantium Triumphant. First, I removed what seemed to be an extra layer of files ("Fantasy") , and then I cut and pasted the .eug file and that worked. However, now there is a problem with the Event file, when the green bar is almost full (loading the BT Scenario) an error box pops up, saying that the .eue file cannot be read. What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Alpha 5 has been uploaded. This removes the need to have the Grenada mod also loaded, and removes my personal default of turning all the AGCEEP options on but Independent Wales.

There's a lot of little bugfixes too, and everything should flow correctly. The Papacy to Provence events are NOT working, and cannot work unless a change is made to AGCEEP, but I don't expect any change there until the new map is ready. Haven't fixed those yet.

Also, this upload has been tested with the 1.54 beta2/3/4 uploads, and so there may be issues with differences there (I noticed the ARA revolt.txt is changed to support THIS mod) :cool:

Good luck, and thanks for your patience.