• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brima

Sergeant
27 Badges
Apr 3, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello everyone !

I've decided to start my first Moroccan run (IronMan of course) and unluck suddenly struck.

So early game was quite fun, i managed to conquer all of Tlemcen, started to pick best parts of my vassals. I took advantage of the 100 years (England/Portugal VS France/Castile) war to destroy Portugal (took Ceuta, Algarve and Madeira). The problem is actually this war went to well.
Castile also took land from Portugal and I eclipsed Portugal. Then France rivals me (every country seems to rival me, its quite scary, like England still rivals me although they own no land anymore in France, are rivals of my rivals and are super far) and Iberian Union happens really early.
My ally Tunis gets utterly broken in a seperate war and this is the moment the Ottomans decide to go hugely in debt (for about 3 provinces from QQ). So Castile decides to declare war on me because Otto prefers to break the alliance than defend me. And of course Castile is joined in war by its allies blob France that has rivaled me and Portugal, because for some reason they decided to ally themselves with the country that just stole land from them.
So individually I think I could take this nations, but their combined forces? Im also a bit behind on tech.

Mainly, I'm not sure I can hold the straights. My fleet could defeat any of the enemy armies, but their combined forces there is no way in hell (also got a bit unlucky with admirals).
There is a fortress in ceuta and i have kind of a big army but do you think its manageable?

What would your strategy be?

Is it possible to save this run? Yes. Is it worth it? Not really

But if u want a way to possibly win the war, u can wait till 1 or 2 armies cross over the straight, then block the straight with your fleet and attack the enemy army on ceuta.

The blocking will have the effects of the enemy not being able to reinforce. Additionally, if u move your ships into port before u defeat the enemy army, they will run back to the castile direction, if u then block again u get a free stackwipe and more warscore.

So u will need to drain their manpower and just hold out long enough, they wont be able to take the wargoal(depending on what it is) and u get warscore from the battles. Reducing their manpower also results in them wanting peace faster.

For the next time u play as morocco, dont ally anybody in the maghreb region. Ally Ottomans and if u can France.

For some pointers. u want to attack tlemecen as early as u can, but do it on the first of january, the reason is that they have their capital mothballed and your troops will get there fast enough, so that they cant activate it and u siege it faster. U should also build a spy network on granada and attack them after the war with tlemecen. try to do the war against tlemecen fast and make it so that u can ally ottomans before u attack granada (use the privilieg)

if u can can take the 2 forts of granada before castile declares on them, u can vassalize them and then u get into a defensive war against castile, call ottomans and boom.