• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tcnc

Second Lieutenant
7 Badges
Nov 26, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Ok, so here's the thing.

I've tried to add a new country, religion and culture to the Plvs Vltra mod, creating all the references to the aforementioned in the mod folder, getting some extra details from vanilla to enhance the mod folder as well, putting the new country on Newfoundland's 3 provinces, making sure no one owns them (which no one does indeed, found no reference to those provinces anywhere).

The mod crashes FTG right at "Initializing Globals."

Am I missing something? I've tried to look for modding guides to help me, but the closest things are all from EU2, which have many differences, although I tried to follow what I could from them.

Any suggestions?

Ok, so here's the thing.

I've tried to add a new country, religion and culture to the Plvs Vltra mod, creating all the references to the aforementioned in the mod folder, getting some extra details from vanilla to enhance the mod folder as well, putting the new country on Newfoundland's 3 provinces, making sure no one owns them (which no one does indeed, found no reference to those provinces anywhere).

The mod crashes FTG right at "Initializing Globals."

Am I missing something? I've tried to look for modding guides to help me, but the closest things are all from EU2, which have many differences, although I tried to follow what I could from them.

Any suggestions?

There are a LOT of things that can go wrong if something is changed.

Crashes may occur e.g. when you set those provinces to be owned by that country - but forget to remove ownership of another country.
Or have defined ownership of the provinces but forgot to define the city entry in the files.

It might be tedious but have you considered to put your new stuff (new country, new religion, new culture) into the games files step by step to check each time if the game still works and only then add the next change?

Edit: Tried the validator?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?481780-A-Validator-For-The-Glory

*facepalm*

I completely forgot about the validator. It found the issue. It was a BRACKET!

It was in the religions.txt, I looked through it countless times and still didn't see it.

Nevermind this lapse, it's all good now. Thanks. :)