• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

williamrcote

Recruit
50 Badges
Apr 10, 2024
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
Playing on the windows (xbox) version of eu4 - went back to play the latest dlc but seems my achievements are now blocked. I am on Ironman and have no playset set or any mods installed or downlaoded. I've tried reinstalling and deleting the paradox related folders but that does not seem to resolve the issue.

From other posts on here it looks like this would be caused by a checksum issue. Its not a connection issue as I am able to reinstall without issue (and every new game they are blank). Maybe an firewall or antivirus issue? I wasn't able to spot anything.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 084606.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 084606.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 084753.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 084753.png
    6,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 084841.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 084841.png
    5,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am able to view that screen just fine on my installation.

Your game version and checksum are fine, or you couldn't check that Ironman Mode box.

This cannot be a firewall issue. What AV app do you use? Is eu4.exe in all its exceptions lists?

In the Xbox Library page for this game, do any achievements show there?

I am able to view that screen just fine on my installation.

Your game version and checksum are fine, or you couldn't check that Ironman Mode box.

This cannot be a firewall issue. What AV app do you use? Is eu4.exe in all its exceptions lists?

In the Xbox Library page for this game, do any achievements show there?
eu4.exe would the one in C:\XboxGames\Europa Universalis IV\Content - right?

I am using TotalAV for my AV - I am trying to add the .exe above to the exceptions list but it is saying I dont have permissions to open the file when I try to add?

Yes, I can see the achievements on the xbox library page. (screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 081650.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 081650.png
    463,9 KB · Views: 0
I am using TotalAV for my AV - I am trying to add the .exe above to the exceptions list but it is saying I dont have permissions to open the file when I try to add?
You may need help from their support on how to do that - I can only assume that is the problem here!

I want to add that I too am having the same issue. Also using Xbox. First noticed it yesterday. Though it had been a while since I clicked the achievements button to check on it. I did a fresh install and issue persists.
eu4_2.png
eu4_3.png

Well, as I said i do not see this - mine is a standard installation just like yours, nothing special.

What if you make a new Windows user on these machines and log into it with that - same problem?

If so, then try on any other machine you might have access to.

I used a brand new user on the same pc, ran it without any mods or changing anything on the xbox app and also wasnt in the preview program and still, it showed no achievements. Maybe the new xbox app update changed something? I will try to find access to another pc and check it there

Well, as I said i do not see this - mine is a standard installation just like yours, nothing special.

What if you make a new Windows user on these machines and log into it with that - same problem?

If so, then try on any other machine you might have access to.

I think based on my experience as well as several others with the same that this not a single user issue. If I recall correctly, there was an update to the xbox app fairly recently (within the last two weeks). It seems quite clear that the issue is something that need be fixed between Paradox and Microsoft.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think based on my experience as well as several others with the same that this not a single user issue. If I recall correctly, there was an update to the xbox app fairly recently (within the last two weeks). It seems quite clear that the issue is something that need be fixed between Paradox and Microsoft.
My Windows, Xbox app and other MS modules are all up to date! So by your theory I, indeed everyone, ought to see this too ...

Does it affect any other games, whether ours such as HOI4 and Stellaris, or other publishers'?

My Windows, Xbox app and other MS modules are all up to date! So by your theory I, indeed everyone, ought to see this too ...

Does it affect any other games, whether ours such as HOI4 and Stellaris, or other publishers'?
That seems like a bit of a sarcastic response with the whole exclamation point. And the argument being that if there is a bug it must affect all users equally and simultaneously. Do you genually believe that's how bugs work?

I don't play any other Paradox games. And I have been playing EU4 for years without changing any setting myself for about just as long and encountering no issues, before this suddenly started. Achievements work on other xbox (windows) games just fine.

That seems like a bit of a sarcastic response with the whole exclamation point. And the argument being that if there is a bug it must affect all users equally and simultaneously. Do you genually believe that's how bugs work?
I've been in the industry over 50 years, so I think I have a fair idea how bugs work.

If this is a game bug which affects the users in this thread but not all others, then clearly there is some other contributing factor here, outside the game. Quite what that could be, that would have this effect but nothing else, I can't immediately see.

@AndrewT, did you also get the new xbox app update that shows games like this now? This is literally the only update i can think of, that could have changed something that lead us to not getting any achievements. Nothing else changed in the last weeks. Im still trying to figure out what else could have changed. I enrolled in the preview program yesterday to see if maybe updating everything again would help but the problem is still persisting.
Xbox 14.04.2024 11_54_43.png

Just to add I've also been having this issue all week, was working fine on the 8th April and then after that I haven't been able to earn a single achievement or even get them to show up in-game despite meeting all criteria for them to unlock. Reinstalled, verified files, completely removed all files ect multiple times, nothing seems to work.

I've been in the industry over 50 years, so I think I have a fair idea how bugs work.

If this is a game bug which affects the users in this thread but not all others, then clearly there is some other contributing factor here, outside the game. Quite what that could be, that would have this effect but nothing else, I can't immediately see.
I am sure you have plenty of experience. That is why I was so supprised by your dismissive stance at the possibility that it has something to do with the xbox store/app update? And using the argument that it is isn't affecting you or literally every other user. I have much less experience with bugfixing, but I've read enough patchnotes to that one of the most common phrases is "affecting *some* users".

I don't mean to be combative, and I appreciate your many suggestions to potential fixes. As I said, it just felt like your tone was a bit dismissive.

Hi. Just signalling I have the same issue. Maybe it is coincident but it stopped working for me since windows updates:
KB5036620 and KB5036893 but despite rolling theses updates back the "blank achievements list" issue persist.

At this point folks, I don't think there's anything to be done but to report this as a bug in Bug Reports for QA/the devs to look into.

Can one of the affected users please start a thread there on this, and all others affected post in that thread too.

Sorry for that problem, whatever is causing it!

At this point folks, I don't think there's anything to be done but to report this as a bug in Bug Reports for QA/the devs to look into.

Can one of the affected users please start a thread there on this, and all others affected post in that thread too.

Sorry for that problem, whatever is causing it!
i made a post there, thank you for your patience and help though and also trying to help us