• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vain.3805

Private
4 Badges
Mar 24, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
I have been looking everywhere for a direct link outside of the in-game browser but can't find it. The wiki and paradox forums load normally through the in-game browser.

Stellaris Achievements.png

You can see your achievements in the Steam client. Click on this game in your Steam library, and go to View My Achievements.

Is that what you were after?

I see, then your achievements are run by your other vendor - GoG, Epic, or MS/Gamepass I guess. I'm not so familiar with those platforms but I'd assume they have an equivalent way of viewing them.

All achievements are triggered in the game and so show inside the game, yes, of course! But Steam ones are indeed managed by Steam which is how you get them in your Steam account.

I'm still not sure which edition you have but for instance the same is true of Epic - they manage them , they are part of your Epic account not Paradox account. You click on the ellipsis in that game in your Epic library, and choose Game Achievements there to see them.

I don't have a GoG account so I can't check that one.

All of those other store fronts except GoG have one thing common. They require you to go through their software in order to use anything purchased from their storefront. GoG does not have achievements for Stellaris nor likely any game. It has software you can use... and you can just as freely not use it. The whole point of GoG is the lack of third party requirements for full game functionality.

Paradox obviously has the functionality for showing achievements online through a Paradox account, hence the in game screenshot and integrated Paradox browser. So what is the url of that page, is the question. That data is coming from somewhere. If the data source is broken or if the Paradox Browser is broken can only be verified by using another browser to attempt to view the same source.

Epic and Steam may have a redundant workaround but this doesn't do much to fix the issue at hand since this isn't about third party software functionality.

I thought GoG used their Galaxy as their front end - are you not using that but purely running from stellaris.exe ? In the case of those other platforms that would certainly prevent them from recording achievements.

In any case, I've drifted off from your core issue that the in-game browser is not working in that respect. GoG is the one game version I have no access to so cannot test that; it's probably best to make a new thread in Bug Reports on that issue, if there is not one already, as I don't believe there's anything you or I can do to fix that here.

It doesn't matter how you launch Stellaris with GoG as their software is entirely optional. Please see the attached screenshot for verification on how achievements are managed for Stellaris through GoG.

I was really hoping for a direct link to the Paradox Achievements page since it must exist as they are not stored locally but through my Paradox account and the in-game panel pulls up a web page through the Paradox Browser.

Attachments

• Gog Achievements.png
    Gog Achievements.png
    564 KB · Views: 0
We don't have a direct link to the Paradox Achievements page, indeed so far as I know there is no such thing. I've certainly never heard of it in 20 years of working with Paradox. But I know you are going to disagree with me on that, so let's drop it.

If you can get the in-game browser working that is bypass the whole issue, so I still suggest you lodge that as a bug.

We don't have a direct link to the Paradox Achievements page, indeed so far as I know there is no such thing. I've certainly never heard of it in 20 years of working with Paradox. But I know you are going to disagree with me on that, so let's drop it.

If you can get the in-game browser working that is bypass the whole issue, so I still suggest you lodge that as a bug.
I don't disagree that you don't know what the link is. You're not claiming such a thing doesn't exist, only that you don't know what it is. Knowing the data comes from somewhere but not knowing how it is accessed is the same boat we're both in. It's possible it's only accessible via the Paradox Browser for whatever reason, maybe even arbitrarily. Paradox has been making significant changes to the user experience recently so perhaps that will be one of the many changes they have planned: enabling the achievements to be viewed directly from the user account instead of through the game. I made the bug report yesterday.

I've only disagreed with statements you've made that I both know are incorrect and for which I have a verifiable source.