• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr Rare

General
Mar 7, 2005
www.stonyroad.de
The Ethiopian militia which you get with the CORE mod or at the stoney road site is great :cool: if you havnt got them get them and put them in your game.
In TGW ethiopia is abyssinnia and it uses the ETH tag.To use the ethiopian militia just change your 'country.csv' file (make a back up copy of your original)in my TGW it looks like this
ETH;DarkGreen;ENG;USA;X (so it is currently using the usa sprites) change it to
ETH;DarkGreen;ENG;ETH;X now in tgw abyssinnia will be using the ethiopian sprite for militia.
I think this sprite is fine to use as militia for any arabic or islamic countrys.So just reopen your country csv file and change any countrys tags which you wish to use the ethiopian sprite.Eg to change Afganistans sprite.open your country csv file
and change
AFG;DarkGreen;AFG;MIN;X ( afganistan is currently using the minor sprites)so change it to
AFG;DarkGreen;AFG;ETH;X now afganistan will be using the ethopian sprite.
This will make your game look better and does not effect your game play or files or gfx in any way. :)
I sugest also changing persia ,nejd ,hejaz ,sanusia and jebel shammar.

Only the main countrys have a full sprite sets available so countrys share them or use the minor sprites .
Any country using the ethopian sprite as it is not a complete sprite set (no planes tanks infantry cavalry for ethopia etc) Means that Ethiopia or in TGWs case Abyssinnia (and in my examples Afganistan) will automatically still use the minor sprites for all other units as usual.

So what user modifications are peaple doing to there TGW game?

I also use the detailed mini map,fortification and airfield bmps from core with tgw. :cool:
Lets have some feedback peaple :)

Last edited:
Please stop posting the same thing everywhere, create 1 thread in the Scenarios forum and post all your sprites comments there.

Sorry :eek:o .All of my posts have been different exept this one which is very similiar to the one in the hoi1 forum.I was just trying to point out some simple changes to newbies that they can make to there games and trying to keep Hoi1 and its mods alive.As i am new to this myself i didnt realise i could have my own thread! please feel free to move my posts and create one. Also i was frustrated for some feedback to my comments and suggestions for once .Thank you for at least pointing me right and for your help to me in the past.Thanks :) and Sorry :eek:o