• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

darthfanta

Basileus Basileōn
67 Badges
Apr 22, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
So, I have enabled slavery, and have captured a number of people, but how do I enslave them?

EDIT:Never mind, I found out how to do it. At any rate, is it possible to enslave people and make them your private slaves instead of selling them outright?

Last edited:
How would "personal slave" work? Just courtiers with an honorary title to keep them from leaving your court?
Just courtiers that cannot leave your court, pretty much.They should also be able to become councilors and lead armies as well. They should function as a type of double edged sword ideally. Appointing a slave to the council should give the ruler temporary negative opinion from his/her feudal vassals while there's a possibility of the slave councilor plotting against you. At any rate, there should be events where the negative opinion of the slave being negated if the ruler treats him/her kindly or even release them by giving them land(in which case, there should be HIGH opinion and the slave should also convert to the culture and religion of the ruler). Former slaves of high ranking nobles in human society generally become 'naturalized' by the society they are in.Freed slaves of Romans for example, are granted citizenship while Janissaries and Mameluks go 'native' so to speak.

EDIT:Ideally, I'd also like to see some sort of a slave market where sold slaves do not die but are bought by other characters. A character can ask to buy a slave from another ruler, with his or her price being based upon his stats, physical abilities etc.

Last edited:
The Slave Market is a great idea. When selling a slave, add an option "Keep it for myself". The AI should do this only for prisoner with good stats.

AGOT mod has functioning slavery, didn't play much of it but it looks very promising.

They do, but I never have and I never will use anything from their mod.

When I get time (the Spell System is my next target for overhauling after religions) I will look to improving the slavery system though.