• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Going for Israel now? Egypt would support that.

Indeed, and that would serve to unite the Arab world around the new regime

An update shall be here...tomorrow, if the cruel hands of Fate let me go.

...oh, and, er...I doubt I'll have a very fast conquest speed, due to the scenario lasting up to 1964. And there are not so many Arabs in the world to unite.

Israel will bring the Arab Federation as it has in RL against her Arab opponents!

Probably not but this may cause an *international* outrage.

fromlefttorightusambasssq3.jpg

The Federation Palace. The ceremony of handing the letters of credence to the foreign ambassadors. 12th November 1938.

From right to left: AF President al-Gaylani, Foreign Minister al-Jabiri, Soviet Ambassador Daniel Solod (in the back row, in glasses),ambassadors of Italy, Afghanistan, Iran, United Kingdom, Egypt, Turkey, United States and France.

Today was a good day, at least for the Foreign Minister al-Jabiri. The Arab Federation government was finally fully recognised by the West - and, apparently, noone seemed to care about Yemen's fate. Well, the French did ask a few uncomfortable questions, but it was his job to answer them correctly.
"The territories of the former Yemen kingdom - answered al-Jabiri - will be integrated into the Arab Federation as one or even two separate federation subjects, thus receiving the same amount of self-governing and independence as any other state within the Federation. Monsieurs! We are in no way willing to build some super-state or threaten international peace, no. We are making the East look better for the West. We are demolishing the conservative barriers that prevented our development. Have you seen the numbers, monsieurs? Our GNP, our literacy level, our infrastucture and industry are all on the rise!
screensave30dc0.bmp

al-Jabiri drank his glass of water and smiled. It's not a sin to twist the truth, after all. Especially if your employer is the Federation itself.

...however, none of the ambassadors promised any help or investment. Except the Italian one, who was standing to al-Jabiri's right.
- Il Duce considers this offer to be very useful for the both of us, mister al-Jabiri.
- Oh, indeed it is...but explain once again, what are the conditions?
The Italian ambassador had his wine glass refilled.
- Basically, we are renting the Socotra Archipelago off the Federation for ten years. We need this island to construct a naval base - and imagine how many vacancies there will be. This will surely draw some money to the islands, which will see development. And you don't have to pay anything, we will construct the base on our own and in 1949 you will get it back!
Moreover, we will help you with upgrading the Arab Federal Fleet to modern levels. That will be a nice guarantee of your independence against...
- ...against Britain, isn't it, signore Malfatti?
- It was YOU who said that, mister al-Jabiri, I'd like to note that out. - Malfatti grined. - Indeed, we are as concerned as you with the fact that British are not letting their former colonies go.
- In any way, Ambassador, I will inform mister President of this offer at once, as I consider it mutually good.

...Socotra, Socotra...what do we even have at Socotra?

P.S.
..and the usual picture of Czechs getting sliced into pieces...WAIT.
screensave22wz7.png

Wot? Oh my, they didn't...Hi, Syrový.

Last edited:
lol, czechs choosed to join the axis.
this is getting interesting...

So Italy offers you help in building a modern fleet?

Sounds cool, I can see you becoming a naval power.

Have you made this through events?

very nice AAR so far great work. I'd also like to add that Kuwait was at the time only a prtectorate not really a british colony and there was alot of support for the AF during the 50's (when it actually started during Jamal abdul-nassers reign in egypt) so story wise I don't really see any problems concering Kuwait's "peacful" enterance into the AF (with a few sheikhs head rolled off ofc xD ) especially with the british loss of basrah wich was alot more strategically important if you want as I don't really see any reason why Kuwait wouldn't join the AF (peacfully or by a small force) if this scenario really existed.

otherwise good luck with the AAr been enjoying it so far :)

Thank you, al_faris! All I wanted is an Arab liking the AAR. And Kuwait (so far) isn't in the Arab Federation because of a British base there.

primeministerahmadnamigoo0.jpg

Prime Minister Husni Al-Zaiim giving a speech in Damascus. 4th January 1939.

The year of 1939 seemed to have a lot of prospect for the Arab Federation. After a year of hard work, the Arab lawyers and scholars finalised the draft Consitution of the AF, which was put in force on 4th of January - a day to become state holiday for the next years.

Arab Federation has now been written down to be a federative republic, with almost limitless powers of the President. The other governmental bodies included a cabinet of advisors, called the Council of Eight - the leaders of 8 regions of the Federation, and two parliaments - the Federation Senate of 100 representatives elected by the people, and the Chamber of Muslim Sages, which included sages and scholars who would oversee the morale and religion of the Federation.

newaf37fj0.png

The territory of the Federation was split into eight subjects, each having a governor chosen from the Progressist party (the eigth was the City of Baghdad, the capital of Iraq subject becoming Basrah). However, the true power still stayed in the Federation Palace.

The deal with Italians finally became live in the end-1938.
The Arabs rented the Socotra Archipelago to Italians for 10 years.
In exchange, the Italians upgraded the two existing Arab destroyer flotillas to modern quality, and supplied technicians and engineers to help produce bigger ships by the end 1939.
screensave28zl2.png

Such a deal enraged the British, of course, as the minister al-Jabiri warned.
They've set up an embargo against the Federation, ceasing all trade by 1939.
...and that meant, that the Federation now had lots of oil and nothing of the other resources, and a huge number of trade deals was to be signed shortly. They were signed with Italy, Nationalist Spain and Germany.
dealskk9.png

Marines, very fancy.

Hello again! Due to having to pass an exam in my military education, I've rolled quite back with the AAR, but I am back and so are the Arabian Nights.

acontingentoftheegyptiapq1.jpg

The victorious Federation Guard marching along the streets of Baghdad.
7th March 1939. 3 years to the Revolution parade.

President al-Gaylani opened the military report compiled by the General Staff.
Today, as three years have passed since Prince Faisal's head rolled off, the Federation stood victorious, developed...and twice bigger in size.
The AF Military was now..impressive.
Thirteen regular divisions were now the backbone of the Army, with numerous militias ready to form whenever the enemy attacks. Shamal earned his General's ranks for sure.
arabarmygr7.png

The Ikhwan, a religious and paramilitary brotherhood that caused so much trouble for everyone during the 1920's and 1930's, changing sides constantly, helping both Saud and Faisal, were now formed into two cavalry divisions of European style, with famous armored cars supplied.

screensave54qk7.png

The Arabian Navy

The Arabian Navy has also turned into strong and impressive reality instead of a mirage. Provided Italian help, Arab warfs managed to construct a heavy cruiser, a light cruiser, three destroyer squadrons, and a submarine group! Unbelievable. In addition, a division of Federation Marines transported via a transport flotilla has been formed in Lebanon.
thecontingentofthelebanzi4.jpg

The Arabian Marines

The industry of Arab Federation kept growing - due to former Yemen's enterprises reviving, overall industialisation and settling the bedouins, as well as Italian and German investment. "Another example of governmental capitalism and effective dictatorship ir our desperate times", economists would say.
march21939jt7.bmp

Arab Industry as of 1st April 1939. Note the Bur Tawfiq cruiser almost finished and ready to go off stapples.

In fact, Europeans started treating Arabs with respect - due to their successful development. A few kids from France and Italy enroled in the well-known Damascus University, and that made perhaps the only pro-Western in the government, Foreign Minister al-Jabiri, smile with happiness.

anmainexamroomatdamascult3.jpg

The Main examination hall of Damascus University. 1939.

But any kind of success always has a price...

Last edited:
I noticed that also. He'll have to change the name..

How good are your admirals?

Good update, glad to see the Arab Federation is gaining prestige around the world.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all the subscribers of this AAR.

Happy Ramadan to our Saudi Friend also.:) (I know it was a few weeks ago)

Ehm...in fact, that's one and the same ship. The industrial picture is dated April, and the Navy - June. *blushes*

Aye, merry Christmas to Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans and other denominations!