A thing about this game that’s always bothered me

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jdh14

Recruit
42 Badges
Aug 28, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I really feel like the whole social aspect of the prisoners are really lacking as of now. A relationship system (like Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld) complete with personality traits, friends/rivals, and likes and dislikes would add a more human element to the robot like prisoners we have now.

It’s always been one of the main reasons why this game couldn’t keep my interest for very long.

Thoughts?

RimWorld is smaller scale with up to 20 Colonists compared to PA's up to 1000+ prisoners. Keeping track of it would be difficult for the player.
Heck, even keeping track of RW's Colonists can be difficult at times.
PA is also more of a tycoon game than an RP game.
So, I must disagree; it wouldn't fit PA. Bur that's what mods are for.

I really feel like the whole social aspect of the prisoners are really lacking as of now. A relationship system (like Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld) complete with personality traits, friends/rivals, and likes and dislikes would add a more human element to the robot like prisoners we have now.

It’s always been one of the main reasons why this game couldn’t keep my interest for very long.

Thoughts?
Absolutely, yes. Maybe it'd have to be a more limited capacity, but some kind of human psychology/sociology...different personality types, maybe different gangs? Something to add a layer of depth, of life...there's something almost magical about that, somehow, seeing people play off each other, even if just to a degree.

The very best part about Rimworld, IMO...its what really made it special. It'd be great if they could at least touch on that aspect some, heck yeah.