• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Compared a converted 1337 scenario, the original EU2 1419 scenario, and the current conversion files, and came up with this new culturechanges.txt. (Note: this is for DVIP, and assumes you have the berber culture already.)
Code:
317 magyar ruthenian
297 russian ruthenian
461 russian ruthenian
296 russian ruthenian
462 russian ruthenian
295 russian ruthenian
294 russian ruthenian
316 czech slovak
326 czech slovak
316 magyar slovak
326 magyar slovak
361 greek albanian
361 slavonic albanian
388 german swiss
1612 german swiss
486 armenian kurdish
486 turkish kurdish
473 turkish kurdish
485 arabic syrian
485 turkish syrian
819 italian maltese

However, this leads to a rather annoying problem: the converter itself uses the original cultures from CK rather then the overrides in culturechanges.txt. It's most noticeable with nations like Slovakia (which might have slovak provinces but only czech culture), Albania (ditto with albanian and greek/slavonic), Syria (syrian and arabic/turkish respectively), and Kiev/Ukraine (ruthenian and russian).

That's easily fixed with events or just manually editing the save though.

I left the Sorbs as slavonic because they technically are slavs, even though slavonic in the EU2 world means jugoslavic. Still, I have no idea what they should convert to ; they're certainly not Poles or Germans, although those are the closest we can get, culturally. Perhaps convert them to the national culture of whatever nation owns their land and assume they're being good little Sorbs and not causing trouble?

Some other thoughts ;

Should the Ukrainian provinces convert to Ruthenian if they have Polish culture? I seem to remember the Polish/Lithuanian Commonwealth had a massive amount of Ruthenian subjects, which caused it all kinds of troubles in the long run.

Should Slovaks still exist if their provinces have Polish culture? Poland never really cared enough to fully polonise the Silesians, and I think Slovaks would be in the same situation.

Well, slavonic is really bad from the game-play standpoint. Different culture negatively affects revolt risk, province income, and conversion chances. Essentially, it makes those provinces less valuable to nations without that culture. I find it hard to believe that Berlin would be more valuable to Croatia or Bulgaria than to Germany, if the province doesn't convert during CK.
As far as conversions to national culture go, the current converter doesn't support this, but it shouldn't be too hard to program it in. The problem with that approach is that we could end up with some really screwy results that way. (Duke of Brandenburg has a Wendish son, and then goes crusading and becomes King of Jerusalem. When converting, the Kingdom of Jerusalem gets arabic culture, and we are stuck with an arabic province in Northern Germany.)
Ruthenian is an annoying culture when doing conversions. During the CK period, Ukrainians and Belorussians are included in the russian classification. However, during the EU2 period, Russia historically had difficulties governing those minorities. In EU2, the culture basically signifies ethnic groups that would be equally difficult to govern for both Poland-Lithuania and Russia. As such, the major area in question to get that culture should be Belarus' and Ukraine. Now, my conversion file was made by comparing the 1337 scenario converted game and the start of the EU2 Grand Campaign, so Belarus' isn't included, though it could be if that area remains russian in CK.
Either way, historically, Poland and Lithuania conquered their ruthenian provinces late in the CK time-line, and so in game terms probably didn't "convert" them. I think if Poland gets lucky and converts some ruthenian provinces, they should get to keep them polish in EU2.
Hmm, about the Slovaks: In game terms, "not caring enough" is represented by not getting the culture conversion event, at least for the AI. So I think it should be the same as above. If Poland conquers Slovakia and converts it to polish, they should keep it.

Hey guys, I want some advice as to how I should go about converting my CK game to EU2 as i'm playing on Veldmaarschalk's mod the alternative scenario set-up (TASS):
Whereby you can play as Cornwall with its own unique cornish culture plus many other cultures:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?274902-The-Alternative-Scenario-Setup-Mod

This AAR gives a good account as how it can be so fun:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...gel-A-Cornwall-AAR-for-CK-DV-and-the-TASS-mod

Anyway, I also modded the game some more so that I could turn the Duchy of Cornwall into its own Kingdom (Kingdom of Cornwall) provided the player unites the county with Exeter and Devon. I was wondering whether a straightforward conversion to EU2 was all it took or whether additional modding was required.

Hope you guys can help!