• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for all the input! I'm not sure whether I want to go a more pro-Russian game, with buying the rest of Finland, or, decided to go more pro-German/Ottoman.

I've yet to really decide, but it's difficult, as Russia would destroy me militarily right now.

Karelia, Kola and Archangelsk are all russian cores, you won't be able to buy them... :(

I can see that you can't be able to beat them alone, perhaps with aid from britain and/or Germany (if it forms)

Yep, ally with some neighbour of Russia and beat them together.
The Russian bear can also be beaten, it's not impossible.
You just need a lot of guards. :D

Ok, part three should be up later tonight.

I am a bit confused, and angry. I unified, and got over 650 fre@king prestige.

I am so confused, because I jumped 5 great power positions up to number 2, and went from #4 in prestige to #2. I just don't think this is right...any suggestions?

Ok, part three should be up later tonight.

I am a bit confused, and angry. I unified, and got over 650 fre@king prestige.

I am so confused, because I jumped 5 great power positions up to number 2, and went from #4 in prestige to #2. I just don't think this is right...any suggestions?

It's because of the prestige. It's logical that you get a lot of prestige from forming Scandinavia. You've just convinced the king of Denmark to voluntarily give up his independence!

Also, the new nation is built pretty much only on national-romantic art and poetry...

It's because of the prestige. It's logical that you get a lot of prestige from forming Scandinavia. You've just convinced the king of Denmark to voluntarily give up his independence!

Also, the new nation is built pretty much only on national-romantic art and poetry...
That and machine guns. :p

Ok, well...I just got really concerned like the game glitched or something.

PART 3: 1860-1869

This update will be relatively short and simple, as only four things happened during these ten years: a big war, unification, colonization, and infrastructure.

First, 1860-61 was pretty quiet, mostly me just going through, increasing railroads, managing my pops, and preparing for the capture of the remaining Russian controlled Fennoscandian region. I increased all my armies to 5 divisions, increased by reserves to about 24 divisions, and last but not least, bought four guard divisions, and set up the Swedish Republican Guard.

By February of '62 everything was set and I DoW'd Russia, and thus the Third Great Northern War began:

1invasion.png

About 448,000 Swedish soldiers took part in the valiant charge against the Russian Bear.

2invasion.png

3invasion.png

This assault failed, and the war took a turn downhill from there, as Russia was finally able to start pouring it's reserves onto the front line. By the end of the war, Russia had twice the troops I did, with about 800,000 total soldiers.

I was forces to make peace, I count myself lucky Russia accepted, but them getting slaughtered by my troops in the mountains in fruitless charges, most likely had something to do with it. I managed to come out of the war with a gain of a few provinces, mostly filled with Finns:

4final.png

Overall, the war was mediocre, I lost a net of 63 prestige, but gained 4 provinces.

On March 17, 1863, the King of Sweden proposed a union of Sweden and Denmark. The Danes agreed, and the Kingdom of Scandinavia was formed. I got a ton of prestige, industry, and a whole other navy to play around with, along with 10 new divisions. Other than that, nothing much more happened this decade, other than the Conservative Party for Scandinavia had an interventionist economic policy, so all my filthy rich capitalists started loading me up with factories and upgrading my already complete experimental/early railroad system. My capitalists within two years built over 20 provinces of Early/Iron railroads, along with a small arms, fertilizer, and wine factories.

Also, I researched Machine Guns, so I started my inland expansion of Africa:

5colonies.png

6colonies.png

So, a pretty good year. But then on November 29, 1869...

7war.png

[bleep] Russians...

*sigh*

Last edited:
Oops.. Angry russians is no fun at all (I know, my girlfriend is russian).:D You might be able to win this though if you place your armies in the montainous provinces and just let the russians come to you. You should be able to get enough warscore to at least get a white peace. Good luck! Already looking forward to your next update!

Oops.. Angry russians is no fun at all (I know, my girlfriend is russian).:D You might be able to win this though if you place your armies in the montainous provinces and just let the russians come to you. You should be able to get enough warscore to at least get a white peace. Good luck! Already looking forward to your next update!
I've already played through, but I won't reveal anything, b/c I'm not at 1880 yet. But, you are correct sir, the mountains and redoubts I built won the war for me. I will say one thing though, a white peace is overrated. ;)

Also, does anyone have a copy of the Vicky flag of Scandinavia? I'd like to put one in my opening post but can't find one.

Just hold the three isthmuses and land maybe in Baltics? :p

Is Danish an accepted culture now?
If all goes well, which I doubt it will :rolleyes:, I plan to have a reinforced trench laden front line starting in St. Petersburg. and going north. So, I'll be venturing out of Fennoscandia by about 1 province thick. I'll explain it better in the next update. I also, and going to try to take as much land in the Baltics, and release them as satellites, because that's less coast Russia has, and more allies for me. With any luck, totally cutting Russia off from the Baltic is my goal.

Actually, here's a map. Light blue is expected Scandinavian expansion, while yellow and pink are expected territory of Estonian and Latvian satellite, respectively.
mapzrc.png

I guess that you will soon get some kind of bb-problem...what are your relations with Germany?? If they attack you while at war with the Russians things could get nasty...

Btw, are there any uncivilized coastal nations left that you'd be able to force to become Scandinavian protectorates? :p
Yeah, Oman, and the other Eastern Arab ones, and South Asia.

Unfortunately, my BB is at 22.5 right now, so I need to calm down. Damn Russians.

My relations with Germany is +187 I believe right now, but not allies...yet. *hinthint*.

Hmm, add yourself cores on those baltic territories once belonging to Sweden, and add the appropriate cultures.