• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rocksilver

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 18, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
Now I know you came in thinking that this should be the in the general help section, but what I am seeking is related to HIP.

I am trying to unite Britannia through Ireland and noticed that I can't go any further than one region at a time, making for a somewhat frustrating invasion scenario that often requires me to become a truce breaker and sometimes the diplomacy hit can rear its ugly head at the worst of times.

What I am asking is there a particular mod in this compilation that does this effect? So I may use discretion in installing it in the future? I'm not exactly looking forward to taking a land piece by piece with a five year (or sometimes none) waiting period. I do have my inner socio to indulge in taking over the British isles, preferably through one epic land grab. It is kind of stifling to go in twelve thousand strong for a spit of land that can't be just part of a multiple claim war. I'm sure a lot of us would like to win an empire in one go.

Anyways, love the mod, but that one factor is kind of making my inner socio sad.

Thanks!

Rocksilver

Are you sure you can't call an invasion? If you're on the pope's good side you can invade larger countries for 500 piety, taking the whole thing in one go. And besides that, conquest isn't always the fastest or easiest way to expand. You could marry and usurp the throne, or you could get a claim on the title you want through marriages, etc. If you're already Britannia and you mean you only have the dejure claims Casus Belli, you could try offering vassalization or invite and land claimants. If you mean you're gaining land through claim fabrication, I'm pretty sure if you fabricate multiple claims and then declare war you can press all claims. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. And I don't think even in vanilla that you can take all of an empire in one sitting, unless it already exists and you make a claimant faction. You could always convert to heresy and holy war them to speed things up, but if you have PB enabled, you'll have restrictions on when you can holy war. Mostly it seems like the restrictions you are having trouble with are vanilla ones.

Why can't you Press All Claims (fabricated)? Because the Irish are all independents?

If you want to conquer faster, then I suggest avoiding SWMH for awhile (until you get tired of faster conquest). The extra increase in provinces in SWMH makes taking over a general region a heck of a lot more time-consuming than the vanilla map. Also, Project Balance limits you to fabricating claims upon neighboring (or adjacent via a sea zone) provinces, but though I'm biased, you can't really have HIP without PB, IMHO.

I mean, if you want to invade something in one fell swoop, try starting as Harald Hardrada (Hard Ruler), King of Norway, brother of a Saint, ex-Varangian, and quite literally the last Viking King and possibly the last great Viking, in 1066's Stamford Bridge start (he's a "character of interest" for that bookmark). You'll start in the middle of a three-way war for England between another attacker, William the Bastard of Normandy (the historical winner), and the defending Anglo-Saxon [also a Harold] Godwin king. Careful, your starting position is not favorable, but some smart tactics, definitely calling in more troops, and some luck might be enough to conquer the Anglo-Saxons.

I have a similar question: Playing as Jorvik (one duchy so that I don't dismember my heritage), I have around 15 provinces in kingdom of england. I would like to do 2 things: coquer and form england and reform the norse.

Regarding england, it is extra frustrating to conquer it one province at a time while the whole of christians in the british isles try to kill me and there is a cooldown afterwards. I do not seem to get any CB on other pagans on the island, and the diplomat has no idea how to make cores. Andy advice, am I missing something? (I have full HIP with SWMH)

Regarding the reformations, the conditions have become harder, I can make a core on the province in flanders (though the diplomat has been working for all his life on it and he's a lvl 20) but there is no way of gatting CB on the other 2 provinces I need in Scandinavia, or is there? Any advice?

You should be able to use a Subjugation on one pagan lord in your life time, taking all the territory he owns in a de jure kingdom.

If you choose the ambition "Become King of X" you'll be able to use the subjugation CB every 3 years against pagans in the de jure kingdom of your capitol.

Also, I assume you keep using the word "core" because you come from Europa Universalis, but that word has no meaning in CK.
De Jure land is a similar concept to "core territories" in EU though.