• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
As things stand at the moment we intend to remove badboy from the game. We of course reserve the right to put it back in if we need to.

Just to make it clear: you're not repleacing it with a goodgirl system, right? One that rewards nice nations instead of penalising mean ones.

No we are working on a more naunced system that makes AI countries aware of expansion by other nations, and what they should do about it.

Ah, cool. Will the AI be able to think more strategically, like sense threat by overexpansion in the longer term?

I don't want to be drawn too much on that. We have a goal that will make the AI more aware of expansion, but I'd rahter not over promise.

Without giving away any of the developer diary coloured details, is the team's thinking on this influenced by Napoleon's conquests in Europe? The local AIs see an aggressive neighbour, so they get moody and try to stop the beast, perhaps?

Anything other than the traditional BB system is fine with me, honestly. In EU3, you could take Mecca in a holy war and gain the same amount of infamy for it with Christians as you do with Muslims! It was a really silly system because the concept of a single infamy stat implies that every country on earth views your actions the exact same way, which obviously shouldn't be the case.

What we are looking at in broad terms is relations between countries. We can then change the relation effects depending on the province and the country. So taking a province will have a different effect on different countries.