A historical proposal for the Ottomans to become a Horde or theocracy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Manascı

Corporal
7 Badges
Apr 28, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
Crimea joined the Ottoman lands in 1475 during the reign of Mehmet the Conqueror. When the Ottomans came to power, Mengli Giray was declared “khan”. According to the tradition of Ottoman diplomacy, the members of the  Giray  Dynasty  in the  Crimea  occupied the second rank  in the hierarchy of the Ottoman Empire after the members of the Ottoman Dynasty. According to Ottoman diplomacy in the sixteenth century, Giray Khan came after the Ottoman Sultan in the protocol and was above the Grand Vizier. When the Crimean Khan comes to Istanbul, magnificent ceremonies are held for him. The Ottoman sultan greets him by taking three steps forward. The Khan of Crimea has two tuğ(It is a symbol of sovereignty in the state tradition of the Altai peoples), two sanjak(an administrative part in the ottoman empire). When the Crimean army joins the Ottoman army, it is met with cannon and rifle shots. Rumeli Beylerbeyi(Governor of southern europa) goes out to meet with all his entourage; When approaching the tent where the Ottoman Khan was sitting, the viziers greet him and take him to the tent. The Crimean Khan dismounts; The Grand Vizier enters the seat of the khan and takes him before the sultan, Ottoman Sultan; "Welcome, brother Han," he compliments. (Philip Mansel in his work Constantinople, the city the world desires). During the reign of Sultan Ahmet I, the 14th Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, the Crimean Khanate would automatically become the head of the Ottoman Empire if there were no men left in the Hanedan-ı Ali Osman(great ottoman dynasty) in the treaty made with the Crimean Khans of the "Ottoman" State. The Crimean Khanate, which is the longest living of the mentioned khanates, was considered the  legitimate  heir of the Ottoman Empire, as it is known. If the Crimean Khans did not show a legitimate heir, he would pass the post of the  Mevlevi convent (theocratic sect) to the head of the Ottoman Empire .

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
ottoman horde; the horror! just kidding cool suggestion would love it if paradox made a new ottoman tree

I'm thinking that most of this was rhetoric towards a people/state that was subservient to Ottoman demands. Realistically, this was all just lip service.

Perhaps if you would want to simulate a Crimean takeover, allow Crimea to form Rûm.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm thinking that most of this was rhetoric towards a people/state that was subservient to Ottoman demands. Realistically, this was all just lip service.

Perhaps if you would want to simulate a Crimean takeover, allow Crimea to form Rûm.

No. I think if you really needed to do something then maybe if the Ottomans are in a regency one of the potential candidates for regent could be the Crimean Khan if Crimea is a march that is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
my suggestion could come true through a disaster, for example when all ottoman dynasty members die, an event is triggered (like the danzig event), ottoman lands are divided, one side is annexed by the crimea, the other side goes to war with an ottoman regent, the horde unity of the crime falls, if the crimea wins the war, he will raze the remaining provinces, so the road started with the crisis will lose something, but it will also have advantages, like the English civil war.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No. I think if you really needed to do something then maybe if the Ottomans are in a regency one of the potential candidates for regent could be the Crimean Khan if Crimea is a march that is.
That might work, but I don't think that would turn the Ottomans into a horde like OP suggests

It was just too make the vassals stay loyal to the ottoman cause. No ottoman turk would have allowed the crimeans to rule them

as per eu4 making them horde is too op

i would suggest if crimea is a vassal / march of the ottomans and ottoman ruler dies without heir
Then give Crimea a claim throne CB on the ottomans

And for theocracy, give ottoman a decision to become theocracy with massive decrease in tolerance of heretics and heathens, lose of Janissary and Dhimni

There is no need for these. The Ottomans, like other Anatolian beyliks, were initially a tribal tribe. With a special decision, it can switch to a tribal government under the name of returning to the old days. But I don't think the players would approve such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.