• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ewin Rommel

Corporal
4 Badges
Aug 9, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
In HOI2 and I think in earlier versions of HOI3 (?) when the Soviets overran eastern Europe the Balkans nations had events that allowed them to switch sides and fight with the USSR just like it happened historically, I think Finland also had a something similar. I would be good if those could be brought back so you have the option of continuing the fight against the USSR or doing the historical thing and switching sides.

Another thing that I think should be changed in HOI4 is the ability to sign peace deals and exchange land, money, resources or puppet e.c.t. between factions instead of fighting until they surrender. For example, I might be playing as Turkey in the Axis and then take the Middle East off the UK, if I don't want to continue fighting and in this case the UK might not want to either, there should be the ability to exchange land in a peace deal.

Also there needs to be a post-war peace event that stops the map of Europe getting totally messed up like it does now in HOI3. Maybe you could have the option of accepting a post-war settlement or refusing and keeping the land that you have taken...

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
While the game (At least HoI3) is primarily a WW2 war sim, it would be really nice with some more and neater post-war gameplay