A Comprehensive Overhaul of the Horn of Africa (Ideas)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Hi! Thanks for this, hopefully we get the chance to revamp the Horn of Africa and certain other parts of the continent that are close to my heart at some point :) (But I make no promises)

One thing though - a large part of the work in making new idea sets is coming up with convincing flavour texts. I appreciate the explanations you have given for the ideas you suggest (it is really remarkable how many people suggest ideas and think that a title and a bonus is all that is needed), but you really can't go overboard when proposing flavour texts. (Well, ok, you probably can, but it is always easier to cut stuff than to add things where there isn't enough). Here's a thread that did it particularly well.

Thanks for this! :) I will work on flavour texts, though it will take a while. Will probably reincorporate the descriptions.

No rush :) Re the numbers btw, I find that it is more important for the idea behind something to be solid than that the numbers and bonuses are exactly right (unless it id a very specific thing you want). Reason being that numbers and bonuses are easily changed and there are plenty people it needs to get through before unbalanced ones can get into the game :p

Of course, there's always lively debates about idea bonuses :D