• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I guess I'm being a little rude here but looking at those screenshots, its one of the ugliest cities I've seen. Nothing but ugly square, perfectly flat boxes.

yeah i agree

if paradox comm would show that kind of picture i would never buy the game.

it is quite an ugly city (no offense) all the skyscrapers have the same height.
it doesn't give me at all the desire to play this :confused:

in cities xl, the rendering is beautiful, i mean, this game needs a lot of polishing.
hope they can hear their customers

It is not "as broken as Simcity".
I've explained it in another post, in another thread.

The agents in Simcity 2013 fill buildings one at a time until the building is filled with it's required class of agent.
So because of development and traffic changes, agents don't arrive at the same address to start with.
Sims live at a different address each day, they work at a different place each day and they always shop at the closest free shop near their house.
The closest free workspace could be all the way across the map, but when work hours are over, the closest free house could be 1 block away (the sim moves there).
One of the biggest issues with this system is that when a sim (or another agent) is moving towards a certain building, it could be filled before he arrives. He needs to go to the next closest building of the same type. Etc.
So if a whole neighbourhood (same worker class) starts moving to the same industrial area (which is not big enough for all workers) they just keep going, like lemmings, and only realize the area is too small to fit them all when everything is filled. Only then they get the idea (not even) to move to the next closest industrial...etc.
Some sims never arrive in time or at all, and in Simcity that has consequences.

it is nowhere close as this in its current state.

9Z5ydMU.jpg

Negative 1.4 million a week... I wouldn't really call that a working city without the unlimited money cheat.

Is that correct? I should maybe have tried the save-game before complaining on the simulation.. Well then it's really not a working city and the issue is probably not as big really. :)

the negative cashflow is just because of all taxes at 1%