• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chief Iacid

Captain
97 Badges
May 16, 2008
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
What's this? 6.66 tyranny penalty for any diplomatic action you want to do as a republic at the start of a game? Really? :confused:

Obviously it's linked to the senate support which is 50% at start and needs to be 60% for the penalty to disappear. How long will that take? And what if it happens to decrease instead? Will playing a repuclic from now on mean virtually playing without using the diplomacy window?

Very doubtful design change. If you havn't followed the DD's (where I suppose it's discussed somewhere), you are virtually staring your eyes out and ask yourself whether it's a serious bug, or where on earth does this come from.

Maybe the limit for senate support should be 50% instead of 60%? Sounds more logical to me and you can at least make some diplomacy at the start of the game.

Reactions:
What's this? 6.66 tyranny penalty for any diplomatic action you want to do as a republic at the start of a game? Really? :confused:

Obviously it's linked to the senate support which is 50% at start and needs to be 60% for the penalty to disappear. How long will that take? And what if it happens to decrease instead? Will playing a repuclic from now on mean virtually playing without using the diplomacy window?

Very doubtful design change. If you havn't followed the DD's (where I suppose it's discussed somewhere), you are virtually staring your eyes out and ask yourself whether it's a serious bug, or where on earth does this come from.

Maybe the limit for senate support should be 50% instead of 60%? Sounds more logical to me and you can at least make some diplomacy at the start of the game.
Have you tried doing the missions on the government screen to boost support?

Have you tried doing the missions on the government screen to boost support?
No, to be honest, this was my first impression when starting the game. I'll look into those missions. Maybe the rework will prove itself to be balanced and playable, but it's certainly a strange situation when you can't do anything at game start without causing a heavy penalty.

At the start of the game, senate support is at 50%. But that usually should go up after a few months (<12 months really), even if you do a mission for only one senate faction. And after that it's quite possible to maintain it at above 60% levels.

Realistically, it's a non-issue.

• 3Like
Reactions:
If you do not fullfil the missions of the senate parties, sooner or later they will push their agenda by a specific demand, most likely related to their original mission. Accepting their demand gives ~10 support from the party. I had 4 starts with rome and each time, within 1-3 years, optimates pushed their agenda. SInce they are the biggest faction at the start, it was enough each time to get to 60 senate support. So don't worry, it will play out. I only had to take a tyranny hit for my first war vs. smnites and lucians.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think that Carthage needs different support missions at the start. For some reason Carthage starts with 2 support missions that requires you to change laws for which you need 60 support or you'll get loads of tyranny. And the remaining starting mission requires you to spend political influence which will prevent you from taking any national idea's at the start. Also you don't always get the event to change the law either. So if you have bad luck you start very crippled as Carthage.

It's also worth noting that tyranny now no longer reduces primary (or integrated) culture happiness, but rather helps reduce AE. High tyranny basically trades character instability for reduced national stability, which means incurring the occasional tyranny chunk will help manage your conquests.

Reactions: