• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cattlehunter

First Lieutenant
67 Badges
May 18, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Just waged my first actual war that resulted in conquests of provinces not already cored, by nonchalantly annexing the iroqui, and as a result I have 116% overextension, which is obviously pretty bad.

Problem is, I couldn't do anything about it other than core the provinces, and it would take me 497 months, or over 40 years, to do so. Well, I guess I could release them as vassals or something, but I figured I'd have to do this at some point anyway so I might as well bite the bullet and get it over with.

30 years later, the provinces still aren't cored, are still constantly revolting (as if they stood a chance), and my people are still just totally shocked by how horribly evil a crazed warmonger I am. After one war. That lasted less than a month. Over 30 years ago. Which interrupted 120 years of peace, and hasn't been followed by any more wars. And the entire international community looks down on my, my merchants keep defecting (not sure why I should care about this, though, since I can instantly replace them anyway?), advisors keep leaving, I keep losing legitimacy, I keep losing prestige, blah, blah, blah... I mean... come on. It has been over a generation.

That's not even touching the part where, from conquering just 10 provinces, I'm suffering 116% overextension. 10 provinces? My empire covers 646 provinces, has complete religious unity, zero social problems, no unrest, an army numbering in the millions (with millions more on standby), an economy so massive it dwarfs the entire rest of the planet, etc... and TEN *tiny* provinces is more than my empire can manage? And it takes me 4 decades to resolve these issues? Shit, I just massacred tens of thousands of natives to make way for my colonies, and nobody batted an eye; but occupy these *tiny* tracts of land, with an insignificant number of people on them, without even genociding anyone, and everybody on the entire planet loses their shit?

It's ludicrous...

Release them as a vassal then integrate them in ten years time; when you diplo-annex, it will give you a core on them.

Also let this be a lesson for the future - always vassalise the savages! :p

Release them as a vassal then integrate them in ten years time; when you diplo-annex, it will give you a core on them.

Also let this be a lesson for the future - always vassalise the savages! :p

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. It takes too long to boost their opinion to vassalize them the diplomatic way, and it might be impossible for many combinations of religions.

Too bad you still take the aggressive expansion hit to rep.

can it be, that you have the incapable ruler modifier for +200% core creation cost? those can be very frustrating as a north american tribal democracy. i got to the point where i colonized a whole lot with a westernized cherokee to get the achievment and had 4 of those rulers in a row. which resulted in getting a core in my colonies to being several hundred points and 20 years time to do it. incredibly frustrating...
anyway first post, yay :rofl:

Last edited:
anyone know where can i mod the time it takes to core a province? Does "core_creation = -0.25" only reduce cost or it reduces time as well? Colonizing as a north american tribe(i don't have modifier) it takes a loooong time to core a colony because they're not "overseas". :(

And is it possible to make an event that removes a fixed amount of admin points and instantly gives me a core on a colony?

anyone know where can i mod the time it takes to core a province? Does "core_creation = -0.25" only reduce cost or it reduces time as well? Colonizing as a north american tribe(i don't have modifier) it takes a loooong time to core a colony because they're not "overseas". :(

And is it possible to make an event that removes a fixed amount of admin points and instantly gives me a core on a colony?

in common/defines.lua

Code:
	MONTHS_TO_CORE = 36,							-- How many months it will take to core a province.

gives you the base core time

Code:
	CORE_TIME_SIZE_MODIFIER = 0.05, -- 5% longer per province owned.

gives you the increase in time per province owned

*facepalm

how could i miss that? XD

i searched in common folder for "core time" but apparently it didn't search .lua files :S

thank you very much :D