• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Downloaded it but when I tried to run the patch's installing .exe I got this:
HttT_whaaa.jpg

Despite the fact I've installed HttT and have been playing it for a while now.
What's going on? I wonder if it's because I downloaded EUIII via Impulse and therefore had to install the expansions via roundabout means...

I have this exact same problem. Any way to fix it yet?

Figured it out. Apparently GG installs HTTT in the wrong place, in its own directory instead of the EUIII directory. Reason I was still getting beta bugs.

Install everything to the EUIII directory, (double-check), then run the patch and you are fine.

Gamersgate needs to be fixed pronto.

I have BXPG checksum.

Have the same. Just reading dev diaries lately and not playing made me think I was launching DW already instead of just a patch that I've kind of had since summer... :(

Figured it out. Apparently GG installs HTTT in the wrong place, in its own directory instead of the EUIII directory. Reason I was still getting beta bugs.

Install everything to the EUIII directory, (double-check), then run the patch and you are fine.

Gamersgate needs to be fixed pronto.
The problem is that you can't just accept the default install location for anything from Paradox. You MUST verify for yourself that it is installing in the correct location and point it to the correct location if necessary. This has been the case in virtually every Paradox expansion and patch installer I believe. Not sure why they can't pull the default location for the registry as most other installers do.

Will this break my save? I don't want to start over.
If you're still playing 4.0 now (as I expect since you don't have your game registered) then you might see some strange things after patching; probably won't crash though. You certainly won't get all the benefits of the patch until you start a new game.
I have this exact same problem. Any way to fix it yet?
Assuming you did not buy HttT through GamersGate you must get the patch from your distributor.

Last edited:
Clear your cache, your naval ranges are bugged and the game think that every navy in the world is patroling that province.

For Steam Users: My Steam just autoupdated the game, over the beta patch which I had installed. When loading my save game it looked like my entire country was rebels... but it seems fine. Seems that it is now easier to see the make-up of armies and fleets (cav vs inf vs art numbers), so some change. Have not yet exited, so no idea about the instability.

Please release DW today.

For Steam Users: My Steam just autoupdated the game, over the beta patch which I had installed. When loading my save game it looked like my entire country was rebels... but it seems fine. Seems that it is now easier to see the make-up of armies and fleets (cav vs inf vs art numbers), so some change. Have not yet exited, so no idea about the instability.

Please release DW today.

The black lines when you select your nation are a feature.

The opening map only shows the owner of provinces, not the controller.

Thank you Paradox for making a final HTTT patch thats downloadable through the launcher, I really appreciate it. :)

I hope all the stuff in the other thread doesnt mean we'll get less Beta patches for Divine Wind tho. This formula is great; beta patches for as long as needed, and then a final update that wraps things up officially, even if its a year later. This gives everyone the best of both worlds.

I did, started the game, quit and started again: BVJU
Most likely Steam has again modified the exe in a way that gives it a different checksum. If other Steam users report the same checksum there is probably nothing wrong with your game except that you won't be able to multiplayer with non-Steam users.

Scripting changes since the 4/29 patch:
history\provinces: added forts to Qara Koyunlu provinces
missions\AntiRival.txt: removed 'Destabilize Rival' mission since the spy mission it depended on was changed
missions\Diplomatic.txt: fixed some scopes in chance modifiers in vassalize_mission
events\elections.txt: modified AI chances in elections for Republics (chance to choose the existing leader reduced from 70 to 40)
interface\casus_bellis.txt: added graphics for cb_religious_liberation
common\cb_types.txt:
cb_crusade:
infamy reduction now applies to annexation
only Catholics get CB as a result of the Pope calling a crusade (non-Catholic Christians can still get the CB on their neighbors or by other means)
new cb_religious_liberation
cb_heretic: description of affected provinces fixed
localisation\v41.csv: localisations added for new cb_religious_liberation

Note that all new text added in the 4.1 patch and preceding betas is English-only; no German text is included.

I also get BXPG as checksum (and version number is 4.1b).

Were the corrections from your hotfix pack also included in this patch? If not, is it safe to apply the beta hotfix pack over this patch?

Most likely Steam has again modified the exe in a way that gives it a different checksum. If other Steam users report the same checksum there is probably nothing wrong with your game except that you won't be able to multiplayer with non-Steam users.

I had to re-validate twice, but it launched with BVJU. Cleared cache, launched again: SZWH, clear launch again: SZWH. Launch again BVJU.

Were the corrections from your hotfix pack also included in this patch? If not, is it safe to apply the beta hotfix pack over this patch?
No, my post-4/29 fixpack is not included. I believe the current fixpack should still be good for the new patch (no overlap with the files changed by Paradox).