3.0 How will we build Intel without Espionage?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Founder

Field Marshal
55 Badges
Mar 13, 2013
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Major Wiki Contributor
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Imperator: Rome
According to the information I found, Espionage is not part of the Basegame but in fact a DLC Feature?

Sources:

But as you showed it, the Intel System will Require Espioange to aquire any meaningfull data in the absence of a diplomatic Treaty (aka friendly relations).
What about Spy Networks? Will at least their ability to gather intel be part of the Free Patch? Or will be we perpetually blind to anyone we can not make a deal with?

Reactions:
The intel part of espionage is part of the free update. Only the advanced forms of operations are paid features. In addition you'll gain intel by diplomacy (pacts of any kind, GC, and so on).
This is what I was expecting but the devs never explicitly said anything about it, they could have been more clear about it and when I first saw the video I was hoping they would say something about espionage. I was Especially worried since I created a rework around that system

This is what I was expecting but the devs never explicitly said anything about it, they could have been more clear about it and when I first saw the video I was hoping they would say something about espionage. I was Especially worried since I created a rework around that system
I think it was said in one f the Streams if i remember correct. I've checked the DD's 194 (intel), 196 (Redacted/Espionage), 197 (Operations&Assets) and 198 (Provocations) and i didn't found it in written form. But i'm absolutely sure someone said that the base system with collecting intel is in the free patch and everything else is in Nemesis. So there is only one of the Streams left (or i'm blind and just skipped it while reading).

I think it was said in one f the Streams if i remember correct. I've checked the DD's 194 (intel), 196 (Redacted/Espionage), 197 (Operations&Assets) and 198 (Provocations) and i didn't found it in written form. But i'm absolutely sure someone said that the base system with collecting intel is in the free patch and everything else is in Nemesis. So there is only one of the Streams left (or i'm blind and just skipped it while reading).
This release has bee full of poor communication it seems.
Did the Communication and Stream coordinator for Stellaris or Paradox as a whole fell ill?

Reactions:
This release has bee full of poor communication it seems.
Did the Communication and Stream coordinator for Stellaris or Paradox as a whole fell ill?
From my point of view was the communication far better than last time with federations. Maybe some things have been missed out (at least in written form), but that happen sometimes and is no real problem. The patchnotes aren't even released yet and the DD's are just an overview. Everything we saw until now was work in progress and subject to change, so i would suggest waiting until the patchnotes release. Sure, some things haven't changed to the better side but it's upon us to bring constuctive criticism for improvements in the future. Frustration will not change anything. If this information really need a confirmation before release, make a post and ask a dev for clarification :)

From my point of view was the communication far better than last time with federations. Maybe some things have been missed out (at least in written form), but that happen sometimes and is no real problem. The patchnotes aren't even released yet and the DD's are just an overview.
The twitch timeline for this month lists events that clearly did not happen (like the Streams monday and tuesday).
Meanwhile I had to complain about the past timeline not mentioning the last 2 Streams (at least).

• 1Like
Reactions: