• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game won't be 2d.

You can turn of AA/eye-candy in EU3 to improve performance a bit (if you can run it of course). As for the shaders requirements, any 35$/4 year old graphics card meets it.

I don't think they will be producing anymore 2d strategy games. Time to make the leap my friend.

hopefully with Victoria 2 it wont be the graphics that demand a high range computer but a deep and complicate game although chances are itll have silly amounts of ugly computer graphics in the place of beautiful handdrawn 2D as well these are modern times

hopefully with Victoria 2 it wont be the graphics that demand a high range computer but a deep and complicate game although chances are itll have silly amounts of ugly computer graphics in the place of beautiful handdrawn 2D as well these are modern times

I dunno, if it looks anything like the interface mockup in the sticky thread I won't be disappointed.

The game will be made with the Clausewitz engine. It will be a 3D game.

AFAIK there is no ability to "2D" the graphics because of how the graphic layers interact with each other in game. Perhaps Paradox may come up with something, but from my understanding of how the graphics work in this engine, it really is not an option.

And as stated, most PCs (though not all laptops) produced in the past 3-4 years can handle the graphic requirements. So unless you are using a very old PC or a somewhat older laptop with an integraded video card, you should be able to load and start the game. By the time of planned release in Q2 2010 I'll wager one should be able to find cheap (under US$300) used computers that will work on various auction sites like ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.