• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Basically it is a mod to add posters here as corps/army/armygroup level leaders in the game.

Ie. Im a FM in the British Army with the attributes of logistics and defense. Ive finished updating this mod, though SirBLase has some found errors that I will fix soon. If you want to be added, give me a leader type, nation and leader traits you wish to have for yourself. I will then add you in as a Mj. Gen with skill 4.

THe installation basically dnloads a file into the hoi install directory under the db/leaders/ folder called 2Coats_poster_leader.txt which is read by the game when you start a new game. This adds all the people in this mod to the list of available leaders ingame, depending on what country you are playing as.

There are some other files, namely the pics of posters under the GFX/map/leaders folder and also a readme file in the main folder of the install.

If you want the rules on how to add them, I can post my setup file here. Its not much but should give you an idea of what to do.

thank you very much for your reply. I’ll re-download and install the patch. What I am looking to do is basically create a (or modify) few leaders so they’ll have the traits I need for assaulting Gibralter (ex. FM with a skill of 4 and fortress buster and offensive doctrines) from Italy, Germany and Hungary. The posters used don’t matter much to me so long as they look plausible. If you could create such leaders or tell me how to edit the leaders file to create them I’d be delighted. If your patch can accommodate such a request please let me know how to add them to the leaders file.

Cheers

Well if you have to these changes in your current game then you will have to edit the savegame file.

Its much easier. Open the savegame file and do a FIND (search) for the leader name. Once you find him, then there is a save parameter called traits that you can change or add to. The file is space-delimted. This means multiple values should be seperated by spaces.

Similarly, there is a skill trait that can be changed.

If this doesnt help then Illpost the details to make your own changes. This info is located in the Havard edit document if you can find it on the net. :)

Otherwise, post here and I will add it to the next post.

2Coats said:
Well if you have to these changes in your current game then you will have to edit the savegame file.

Its much easier. Open the savegame file and do a FIND (search) for the leader name. Once you find him, then there is a save parameter called traits that you can change or add to. The file is space-delimted. This means multiple values should be seperated by spaces.

Similarly, there is a skill trait that can be changed.

If this doesnt help then Illpost the details to make your own changes. This info is located in the Havard edit document if you can find it on the net. :)

Otherwise, post here and I will add it to the next post.

Thanks for your response. I have been having lots of trouble logging on to this site lately which is why it's taken a while to get back on on this. Please post what ever details you can on modifying leadership traits as I have never attempted to mod HOI in any way.

thanks