• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what the Realm Peae action is for.

The Realm Peace action is too temporary, and can't be enacted without a council.

Before the Conclave Update, it was possible to enact perminant realm peace via Medium Crown Authority. I want to know that if I install my third son as Duke of Brittany, he won't get overthrown by Count Asshole.

Reactions:
The Realm Peace action is too temporary, and can't be enacted without a council.

Before the Conclave Update, it was possible to enact perminant realm peace via Medium Crown Authority. I want to know that if I install my third son as Duke of Brittany, he won't get overthrown by Count Asshole.

Maybe they could make it so that you can do it with the help of your clergy somehow. Where characters traits determine if they fallow it or not.

Reactions:
Maybe they could make it so that you can do it with the help of your clergy somehow. Where characters traits determine if they fallow it or not.

Best way would be stealing the Game of Thrones mod system. Without a law passed you can asked people to stop and they might if they really like you. With the law passed you order people to stop and if they say no you can allow them to continue or declare them a traitor and start an imprisonment war.

Reactions:
Best way would be stealing the Game of Thrones mod system. Without a law passed you can asked people to stop and they might if they really like you. With the law passed you order people to stop and if they say no you can allow them to continue or declare them a traitor and start an imprisonment war.

I hope that mod's megawar and internal peace system isn't screwed by 2.5's hardcoded alliance system...

Reactions:

But without a religious reason you should get tyranny points. The Church in Ck2 seems kind of weak to me considering the time period.

Reactions:
But without a religious reason you should get tyranny points. The Church in Ck2 seems kind of weak to me considering the time period.

I need a religious reason to order 2 vassal to stop fighting? Im the king with a law saying no internal fighting is that not good enough?

Though you are right the church is far far too weak in ck2. Especially the pope I can't remember the last time he excommunicated someone without me asking.

Reactions:
I need a religious reason to order 2 vassal to stop fighting? Im the king with a law saying no internal fighting is that not good enough?

Though you are right the church is far far too weak in ck2. Especially the pope I can't remember the last time he excommunicated someone without me asking.
Excommunication didn't really happen that much irl either, even if it was because just about everyone would do what the Pope wanted rather than be excommunicated.

Excommunication didn't really happen that much irl either, even if it was because just about everyone would do what the Pope wanted rather than be excommunicated.

But it did happen when you pissed off the man in the funny hat. In game excommunication is about as common as Asturias surviving the Charlie start.

I need a religious reason to order 2 vassal to stop fighting? I'm the king with a law saying no internal fighting is that not good enough?

Exactly! If I want my vassals to stop fighting, I should be able to pass a law that makes fighting illegal. And then I should be able to demand that my vassals end their wars, and be able to declare them traitors if they don't.

You don't want to stop your war to usurp my third son's duke title? Well, guess whose getting arrested and losing all their titles?

Reactions:
Another problem I have with the Conclave Update is that it makes you choose between vassal troops or vassal taxes.

In the past, if I wanted to increase taxes on my fuedal vassals or my city vassals or my temple vassals, I could pass a tax-increase law and wouldn't lose troops. And vice-verse if I passed a conscription-increase law.

I should be allowed to bleed my vassals dry and suffer consequences if they get too angry. I shouldn't have to choose between lords who pay no taxes or lords who keep all their troops in war.

Reactions:
Yes. Just another example of the Devs inexplicably removing nuanced choice from the game. (Seriously, why?)

Choice allows for making optimal choices, which is badwrongfun powergaming. Wanting to do anything other than paint the map is a bad choice. Painting the map faster than the designers feel is appropriate is a bad choice.

Reactions: