• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A patch is never late, nor is it early. It arrives exactly when the devs mean it to.
I can't understand why people disagreed with you.

Reactions:

Probably not devs and have no idea how software is made.

In my experience 99,97% of the work takes 50% of the time. One annoying crash takes the other 50% of the time.
Also, I thinke the "definition of done" fight has been going on for about 50 years, in one form or another.

Reactions:

Not knowing the quote or maybe for misquoting ?
A patch is never late, nor is it early. It arrives exactly when the devs mean it to.
This is the original:
A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

I spot at least three differences.
Three too many.
There is also only one person allowed to utter the spell, as far as i know.
Common forum members like us get immediately doomed when doing so.

So off to the torture chamber with him ? :D

*organises lynch mob to distract from the devs utter failu...*

Aaah, there it is:
This Beta version of the patch is used at your own risk

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...checksum-rekc-not-for-problem-reports.970555/

Last edited:
Reactions:
Not knowing the quote or maybe for misquoting ?

This is the original:

I spot at least three differences.
Three too many.
There is also only one person allowed to utter the spell, as far as i know.
Common forum members like us get immediately doomed when doing so.

So off to the torture chamber with him ? :D

*organises lynch mob to distract from the devs utter failu...*

Aaah, there it is:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...checksum-rekc-not-for-problem-reports.970555/
And this makes me wonder if you are merely referring to the quote as it exists within this forum or unaware that the original is from Gandalf and made somewhat ironic by events.
A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Reactions:
And this makes me wonder if you are merely referring to the quote as it exists within this forum or unaware that the original is from Gandalf and made somewhat ironic by events.

Gandalf who ? Doesn't matter.

Reactions:
Gandalf the Grey. You know, from that amazing book? The Lord of the Rings?

I heard it's a book for kids and pretty light stuff.
Irrelevant and boring.

Nothing in comparison to what the mighty Johan has to give to the world.
Even if its pure evil swedishness.
No piece of paper written by perfidious pagans from Albion can top that.

Reactions:
Irrelevant and boring.

*Calling a devout Catholic pagan*
Now you're just fucking with me.

*Calling a devout Catholic pagan*
Now you're just fucking with me.

What is this "fucking" mean ? I'm stumped. Learning new words every day.

Paganism is a question of perspective. ;)

Reactions:

It's actually appropriately spelled with all caps the first four letters because it's an acronym meaning "Forbidden Use of Carnal Knowledge".

Betcha 90%+ of people didn't know that one.

Reactions:
It's actually appropriately spelled with all caps the first four letters because it's an acronym meaning "Forbidden Use of Carnal Knowledge".

Betcha 90%+ of people didn't know that one.
90+% of people don't know that acronyms as we know them didn't exist back then. Fuck has always been fuck, and Fornication Under Consent of King, Forbidden Use of Carnal Knowledge, etc etc are nothing more than fabricated bacronyms created as random guesses towards fuck's clouded origins.

It is such a deep and ingrained part of the languages that it's hard to find an era before fuck, and hard to find when it began. Personally, I believe it came up from the mantle during a particularly violent pyroclastic flow when the British Isles were still in development, and eventually took the shape we know it as after aeons of erosion. When humans, in whatever form they took, first laid eyes on it, fuck as we know it was already exposed.

Reactions:
90+% of people don't know that acronyms as we know them didn't exist back then. Fuck has always been fuck, and Fornication Under Consent of King, Forbidden Use of Carnal Knowledge, etc etc are nothing more than fabricated bacronyms created as random guesses towards fuck's clouded origins.

It is such a deep and ingrained part of the languages that it's hard to find an era before fuck, and hard to find when it began. Personally, I believe it came up from the mantle during a particularly violent pyroclastic flow when the British Isles were still in development, and eventually took the shape we know it as after aeons of erosion. When humans, in whatever form they took, first laid eyes on it, fuck as we know it was already exposed.

Wow, harsh, but yes, I should have checked Snopes.

But if you look at Wikipedia, its first usage wasn't until the early 16th century. So it's not as old as you claim it is, even sarcastically.

Reactions:
But if you look at Wikipedia, its first usage wasn't until the early 16th century. So it's not as old as you claim it is, even sarcastically.
Oldest written sighting. The very same wikipedia article goes on to list a number of ancient sources, to include Old High German (700-1050AD), Latin, or some Indo-European root, and goes on to say how impossibly muddled its origins are.

I'm still putting my money on it violently rising out from the crust when the land was still young and impressionable.

Oldest written sighting. The very same wikipedia article goes on to list a number of ancient sources, to include Old High German (700-1050AD), Latin, or some Indo-European root, and goes on to say how impossibly muddled its origins are.

I'm still putting my money on it violently rising out from the crust when the land was still young and impressionable.

Those are POSSIBLE sources, but the first verified usage as we know it today came in the 16th century.

Either way, when's my frakkin'* 2.6.2 stable version coming? :p

(Origin: Battlestar Galactica, spelt "frack". In the reimagined series, spelling was shortened to "frak".)

(It's a joke. Don't freak out.)

Gandalf who ? Doesn't matter.

Irrelevant and boring.

You're the strangest troll I have ever encountered...

Reactions: