[2.2.5_test][aab4] Multiplayer Connection Fails On LAN due to Firewall?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Novatheorem

First Lieutenant
116 Badges
Mar 30, 2011
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
Things tried:
  • Latest patch from test branch
  • Tried w/ new and old saves
  • Cleared User Caches
We've been playing Stellaris in local multiplayer since 2.0 with no significant problems. I've hosted all of the games since then and have been able to play in the past with various users. Since 2.2.4, I can no longer host games, although I can connect to games hosted by the other person in my LAN. We're both local users who shouldn't be crossing any firewalls, so what gives? Is there some kind of outbound connection that's getting rerouted back in and failing? Is there anything specific that I should be looking for as an error code or something else?

2.2.4 is when they shifted MP from Steam, so no doubt different ports will be used. I've been unable to find what they are though.

@Guraan is this something you can look into for us?

2.2.4 is when they shifted MP from Steam, so no doubt different ports will be used. I've been unable to find what they are though.

@Guraan is this something you can look into for us?
Nah this is outside the scope of us on the "project", test version is using pdx_mp and not steam (as far as i know) and that is (just as steam) a black box from my access.
Can hear about the ports but otherwise i would think it is because of the relay server that should handle the "punch thru" when it comes to firewalls