• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just tried this scenario and good job. ive been thinking of creating one myself (a 1942 or 1943 scenario), but this one is just fine.

i just created a little scenario pic for the menu (u can go ahead and use it in the official release if your planning anymore updates):

scenario_1942.jpg

to use it, right click the above picture and save to your computer. then open the picture in the default windows picture viewer or a photo editor (like paint or photoshop) and then save it to a .bmp

place the scenario_1942.bmp file in your directory, for example here:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\scenarios\data

Now go to the scenarios folder in your game directory

Code:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\scenarios

open up 1942.eug with notepad and on the second line change:

panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_fallblau.bmp"

to

panel = "scenarios/data/scenario_1942.bmp"

now you should see the new pic on the menu under the 1942 scenario.

btw in my file i changed the name from "Downfall" to "The End of the Beginning" cause theres already a scenario called Downfall and im anal :p

Its based on a quote by Winston Churchill after the victory at El Alameinin: "The Germans have received back again that measure of fire and steel which they have so often meted out to others. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Nice, your pic for Scenario is very good, but i have made myshelf too a pic for scenario :rolleyes:. But i really hope you start make Scenario 1942 or 1943 in HoI2. There is definately too little scenarios in years 42,43 i have only found 2 Scenarios in -42. I haven't found any scenarios in year 43. Jerry if you need help with scenario, i could help little :D

Btw. The only bad thing what i 've found in this Scenario is: Germany troops in Finland, General Dietl had 9 Germany divisions in Rovaniemi. And there was 4,000 Germany soldier attacking in Petsamo to Murmansk.

Von Falkenhorst was commanding Germany troops in Finland 1941-1944.

I suggest that there should be 5 understrenght divisions in Rovaniemi and 2 or 3 understrenght divisions in Petsamo. Those 9 Germany divisions in Rovaniemi wasn't fully occupied.

Last edited:
would it be possible to get a modified 1941 scenario from here also? :D

I'm just so pissed off about the deployment of troops on the eastern front in 1941, when playing as germany.

Hungarian army is somewhere in Budapest at the time of the attack?! Same with German troops that were supposed to be in Finnish border, they are in Vardö or somewhere in norway.

AFAIK the germans that came from norway to finland crossed the finnish border already in may 1941, so as to why they are still all in norway in june 22. is a mystery to me?

Its just annoying to see finland getting annexed 99.9% of the time already in augus 1941 unless you military control finland :(. Continuation war becomes kinda non existant :(

Yep, The eastern front should be updated. Maybe Romanian and Hungarian AI should rework. It's so stupid that Romania keeps all troops in Border. They have 30 Powerstrenght divisions in Beltsy, 2 Understrenght Soviets Militia divisions in Odessa. And AI wont never attack. Just keep troops in Border.

Last edited:
Nice Scenario!!!
To install does it work w Arma 1,2?

Hi Estland,

I like your link, sadly I can´t read/understand Estonian do you have it in Eng by any chance?

Panzer X

Jerry_03 --> Great icon I might include it at some point.

Laurwin --> It would ofc. be possible to correct the 1941 scenario, but it takes so much time that I definatly won't do it heh. Hopefully the scenarios might be more correct in HoI3.

Btw. The only bad thing what i 've found in this Scenario is: Germany troops in Finland, General Dietl had 9 Germany divions in Rovaniemi. And there was 4,000 Germany soldier attacking in Petsamo to Murmansk.

Von Falkenhausen was commanding Germany troops in Finland 1941-1944.

I suggest that there should be 5 understrenght divions in Rovaniemi and 2 or 3 understrenght divions in Petsamo. Those 9 Germany divions in Rovaniemi wasn't fully occupied.

Great find, I might correct it at some point. Apart from that the German part of the eastern front should be mostly historical, at least I hope so ;)

Nice Scenario!!!
To install does it work w Arma 1,2?
Panzer X

This version works with Arma: http://hytzon.dk/1942_DD_1.1.zip

Yeah

Yep, Hytzon it would be hard work correct 1941 scenario, but i ask could you repair the Finland-Germany Front in this scenario. Just but some Germany divisions in Petsamo and Rovaniemi maybe 1 Germany division in Kajaani. You can get divisions names in Scenario 1944. They should be understrenght like 60 or 75 strenghted.

Little Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_war says that there was 220 000 Germans Soldiers in Finland 1941, attacking in Russia.

So 22 Divions in whole Finland. Finland and Germany had made deal that Finland take care of Southern Front and German Northern Fron. (Germany attacked in North finland South.)

Commanders : Eduart Dietl, Nicolas Falkenhorst..

Picture of Divions places: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Continuation-War-1941.png

Last edited:
The Borders

And, the borders of Finland- Soviet Union should be updated too, there is the situation in 1942-1943 of borders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suurin_Suomi.PNG

Little Edit again: Names of Germanys (land) Divisions in Finland: 20. Gebirgs-Armee, Lappland-Armee, Northern Front Hq (Verbindugsstab Nord) , 6. SS-Gebirgs-Division Nord, Panzer-Abteilung 211, (Division with brigade of H39 tanks), 163. Infanterie-Division, 2.Gebirgs-Division, 169. Infanterie-Division. And lot of more but i don't remember/know.

Units names should ( i mean could :D) be XXXVI Korps , Gebirgs Ak Norwegen (Province Petsamo), Northern Front Hq (Province Rovaniemi) . And VI Korps in Southern Finland (Province Sortavala)

Last edited:
Nice, your pic for Scenario is very good, but i have made myshelf too a pic for scenario :rolleyes:. But i really hope you start make Scenario 1942 or 1943 in HoI2. There is definately too little scenarios in years 42,43 i have only found 2 Scenarios in -42. I haven't found any scenarios in year 43. Jerry if you need help with scenario, i could help little :D

there is a 1943 scenario now. check the other mods and projects section.

OMFG, now I can use Germany at her height

its after the failure at kursk and is more of a warmup for the 1944 scenario

july 25th, 1943

now, in HoI 3, the 1943 scenario will be febuary 1st, 1943 (1 day before stalingrad surrenders, get the disbanding ready!). in this care u will fight the battles of rostov and kharkov...

germany's height was in september of 1942 when stalingrad was attacked

i have never seen 2 more evenly matched armies. its late 1944 and though ive taken archangelensk in the north but finland has fallen. moscow is mine but i still havent reached the volga. 36 infantry divisions were recently raised which was decisive because of the late autumn counter attack the soviets usually launch but im out of oil...